or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 546

post #8176 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

 

 

I only own two pair of jawnz so I don't really know what I'm doing. maybe a sw&d regular can take me apart shog%5B1%5D.gif

Jeans are fine.

post #8177 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

^ Good look but I think the jeans are too tight; they should be that tight, when you're sitting down, IMO!

Wrong. The fit of the jeans look fine, especially in accordance to the way the jacket fits.
post #8178 of 16328
I think it was just in the other photo; they look fine there. NOBD, also, tends, to have borderline ball-busters! tongue.gif
post #8179 of 16328
Cross post from the thrift brag thread.

I went to a 6 year old niece's birthday party today at one of those places that cater to that sort of thing with inflatable bounce houses and slides and such. I was trying for casual/indoor playground. One of the staffers, a young African American guy at/under 20 years old told my daughter that he really liked my style. I don't know if it's good to be compared to Kanye or not at my advanced age.

Funny thing, though. Since I started my sartorial journey on this site over a year ago, I've gotten more compliments on my appearance from black guys than in my entire life.
I'll take it! 35x35px-LL-db5e8bdc_FelixDig.gif
Indoor playground fit (Click to show)
P8190562.jpg

Maui Jim
Banana Republic Linen/Cotton blend / 40S
JAB
505 30/32
Levi's leather
Chucks~ black/high top
post #8180 of 16328
I think the combination of a SC paired with sneakers/chucks is quite incoherent.
If you would have dropped the SC I think you would have been fine.
Still you look so much better than a year ago!
post #8181 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I think the combination of a SC paired with sneakers/chucks is quite incoherent.
If you would have dropped the SC I think you would have been fine.
Still you look so much better than a year ago!

Yo, Louis! Imma let you finish but...


lol8[1].gif

Thanks. At least this time it was a calculated effort on my part.
post #8182 of 16328
Louie is right. The combo doesn't work. The dress shirt alone could work, provided you rolled up the sleeves and unbuttoned another button in the chest. You could definitely do the jacket/jeans combo with a desert boot, or a casual loafer. Doesn't necessarily need to be a dress shoe.
post #8183 of 16328
ji96OWZ2R4UUq.jpg

jbyfWccAjRzeFO.jpg
post #8184 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Louie is right. The combo doesn't work. The dress shirt alone could work, provided you rolled up the sleeves and unbuttoned another button in the chest. You could definitely do the jacket/jeans combo with a desert boot, or a casual loafer. Doesn't necessarily need to be a dress shoe.
I should have taken a pic yesterday, then!

Same coat/jeans with a darker blue button collar and dirty bucks. It just seemed too grown up for 6 year olds in moon bounces today.
post #8185 of 16328
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Funny thing, though. Since I started my sartorial journey on this site over a year ago, I've gotten more compliments on my appearance from black guys than in my entire life.

 

Does this fall under the Law of Unintended Consequences?

 

 

Wasn't going to take a snap today as too casual/sloppy for this thread, probably, but what's life without an occasional risky move...

 

 

I await the ire (and suggestions!) with interest... :)

post #8186 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Cross post from the thrift brag thread.
I went to a 6 year old niece's birthday party today at one of those places that cater to that sort of thing with inflatable bounce houses and slides and such. I was trying for casual/indoor playground. One of the staffers, a young African American guy at/under 20 years old told my daughter that he really liked my style. I don't know if it's good to be compared to Kanye or not at my advanced age.
Funny thing, though. Since I started my sartorial journey on this site over a year ago, I've gotten more compliments on my appearance from black guys than in my entire life.
I'll take it! 35x35px-LL-db5e8bdc_FelixDig.gifIndoor playground fit (Click to show)
P8190562.jpg
Maui Jim
Banana Republic Linen/Cotton blend / 40S
JAB
505 30/32
Levi's leather
Chucks~ black/high top

 

IMHO, drop the SC.  It does not seem to be "rough" enough to go with jeans and Converse.

post #8187 of 16328
PBates: Not so down with the sweater. The chevrons on the shoulders evoke old-school football jerseys.
post #8188 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Louie is right... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The combo doesn't work. The dress shirt alone could work, provided you rolled up the sleeves and unbuttoned another button in the chest. You could definitely do the jacket/jeans combo with a desert boot, or a casual loafer. Doesn't necessarily need to be a dress shoe.

...lowers my trust in humanity. carry on.
post #8189 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ji96OWZ2R4UUq.jpg

jbyfWccAjRzeFO.jpg

interesting...
post #8190 of 16328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Does this fall under the Law of Unintended Consequences?

Quote:
From Wikipedia:
Unintended consequences can be roughly grouped into three types:
  1. A positive, unexpected benefit (usually referred to as luck, serendipity or a windfall).
  2. A negative, unexpected detriment occurring in addition to the desired effect of the policy .
  3. A perverse effect contrary to what was originally intended
I'm going with door number 1, Doc. lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Wasn't going to take a snap today as too casual/sloppy for this thread, probably, but what's life without an occasional risky move...

iURtZ.jpg

I await the ire (and suggestions!) with interest... smile.gif
Two words: Sockless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa kot View Post

IMHO, drop the SC.  It does not seem to be "rough" enough to go with jeans and Converse.
It's a bit rougher than it appears in the pic but Rambo and Louie are right. I should have stayed with the dirty bucks although I don't understand why Rambo wants me to unbutton my third button.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style