or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 512

post #7666 of 16334
New sweater. iGent pic for Fox.

RqUhR.jpg
post #7667 of 16334

^ Very classy man! Like this a lot! Fancy watch :)?

post #7668 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

What kills it for me (sorry) are the shoes. Man, what size feet do you have?! Regardless of size--I think it's the last--they're very pointy (it looks like they're 1–2 sizes too big for you)!

I've noticed that, too, Alex, but I think the angle of the second shot is exaggerating the length of the shoes. Do they look overly long in the first pic, too -- in the full-body shot? I'm 6'-1" but my feet are only 10.5, so I gravitate toward shoes with longish toe boxes. Maybe I overdid it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

@threadbearer. looks good. especially nice how you matched shoes, belt and hair tounge.gif

Yes, I like to balance the gray on top with some on the feet. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I like the shoes, Threadbearer!

Thank you, Hampton. They're by Stacy Adams. Got 'em for cheap at a Macy's sale.
post #7669 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

I've noticed that, too, Alex, but I think, the angle of the second shot is exaggerating the length of the shoes. Do they look overly long in the first pic, too—in the full-body shot? I'm 6' 1", but my feet are only 10.5, so I gravitate toward shoes with longish toe boxes. Maybe I overdid it this time.

No, actually, they don't look noticeably long in the full-body shot. Sorry, I didn't mean, to sound too harsh. Maybe it's, because I am an 8–8.5 UK. The colour works well, anyway.

Me today (new tumble-dryer is a crease factory):



(I await your critique, Threadbearer! smile.gif I think the trousers are a tad long, but don't look so bad IRL, IMO. Oh yeah, I had my hair cut just for you, Fuuma.)
post #7670 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

No, actually, they don't look noticeably long in the full-body shot. Sorry, I didn't mean, to sound too harsh. Maybe it's, because I am an 8–8.5 UK. The colour works well, anyway.
Me today (new tumble-dryer is a crease factory): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(I await your critique, Threadbearer! smile.gif I think the trousers are a tad long, but don't look so bad IRL, IMO. Oh yeah, I had my hair cut just for you, Fuuma.)

The super shiny shoes seem incongruent with the rest of this casual outfit.
post #7671 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

I'm having second thoughts about the white belt, but I can live with it. Looks like I may also need to have that shirt tapered even more than it already is.

Leaning-93.jpg
Feet-103.jpg

I like the belt. I would loose the cuffs and dart the shirt. Are the pants Epaulet?
post #7672 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

New sweater. iGent pic for Fox. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RqUhR.jpg

Awesome. What sweater is that? Jeans are APC, ya?
Edited by P. Bateman - 7/29/12 at 6:47pm
post #7673 of 16334

I bought a thing that is a color based on the advice of the forum elders. Let the ridicule commence.

 

Hair is messed up because sunday, and I know you guys hate my glasses, no need to reiterate, I'll get new ones when I break these.

 

Candid taken by the GF whilst I was tuning out (she was taking pictures of cacti)

 

700

 

as close as I get to standing up straight on a day off, for fit.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

700

 

 

post #7674 of 16334
^^ No use trying to hide it bro, you were totally not posing the same way the people on The Sartorialist are totally not posing.
post #7675 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I bought a thing that is a color based on the advice of the forum elders. Let the ridicule commence.

 

Hair is messed up because sunday, and I know you guys hate my glasses, no need to reiterate, I'll get new ones when I break these.

 

Candid taken by the GF whilst I was tuning out (she was taking pictures of cacti)

 

700

 

as close as I get to standing up straight on a day off, for fit.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

700

 

Glasses look good to me, same with the pants.. Not really a huge fan of the jacket and messenger bag though. Kind of looks too Indiana Jones for me lol.. 

post #7676 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I bought a thing that is a color based on the advice of the forum elders. Let the ridicule commence.

Hair is messed up because sunday, and I know you guys hate my glasses, no need to reiterate, I'll get new ones when I break these.

Candid taken by the GF whilst I was tuning out (she was taking pictures of cacti)



as close as I get to standing up straight on a day off, for fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







First, let me say you've come a LONG, LONG way since you started out. Nice work.

With this, you've got a few good pieces here that don't quite make a whole. The jacket screams cool casual, but the pants and the cuffs scream preppy and hipster. The belt needs to be thrown in the trash. Unless you're using it to deter theives. I think a lighter color, or even white, would better contrast the fruit flavored pants. And you need a haircut.

BTW - are the pants you're wearing and Thread wearing the same? What's that goofy ass looking white stripe? Some sort of selvedge affectation?
post #7677 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

BTW - are the pants you're wearing and Thread wearing the same? What's that goofy ass looking white stripe? Some sort of selvedge affectation?

Taped seams I do believe.

Regarding Liam's fit: Looks good, though I agree the belt is awful and a different shade of shirt would have looked better.
post #7678 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

^^ No use trying to hide it bro, you were totally not posing the same way the people on The Sartorialist are totally not posing.

 

Didn't say I wasn't posing, just didn't know I was having my picture taken ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


First, let me say you've come a LONG, LONG way since you started out. Nice work.
With this, you've got a few good pieces here that don't quite make a whole. The jacket screams cool casual, but the pants and the cuffs scream preppy and hipster. The belt needs to be thrown in the trash. Unless you're using it to deter theives. I think a lighter color, or even white, would better contrast the fruit flavored pants. And you need a haircut.
BTW - are the pants you're wearing and Thread wearing the same? What's that goofy ass looking white stripe? Some sort of selvedge affectation?

 

Thanks 'Bo. That just sort of my only jacket option in summer, its that or a navy harrington, and way too much blue if i did that. 

I like my belt. Cloth belts look wrong on me. Maybe I get shit ones, or don't know how to match them, but I've yet to find a decent look involving them. If you link me to a suggestion I'll check it out though.

re: pants, unhemmed Epaulet rivet chinos. These things are cut for some serious giraffes, and unless you have time to hem them, you have to roll them. Not sure why they do the contrast taping, ask NYR, he's the one whose look I was trying to jack lol. 

 

And I just got a haircut, but unlike pBoops I don't spend half the day styling my hair to go out in the rain and jump in the ocean.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


Taped seams I do believe.
Regarding Liam's fit: Looks good, though I agree the belt is awful and a different shade of shirt would have looked better.

 

Correct. Still dont get the belt hate, but thats probably because I'm shit at belts. I know I should have a diff shirt on, but the only one I would have worn (white linen, pretty much the same cut) is covered in grease from when my old car's radiator exploded. Not sure what else I could get away with, already feel like a one man pride parade wearing anything as colorful as those pants.

 

___________________________

 

I'm really liking that the "OH GOD BURN THE ENTIRE THING" reactions to my early fits happened, I was kinda skeptical but I like how I'm dressing a lot better now (even if its not perfect). I just think some people have fashion sense, and they'll tell me if I look like an idiot. Seems to help, so thanks guys :)

post #7679 of 16334
Its the buckle more than the belt itself.
post #7680 of 16334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Its the buckle more than the belt itself.

+1,000,000 That belt buckle is for cowboys only! Personally, I think, if you wore a white shirt, different shoes (sorry, I hate with a passion the craze for Clark beeswax), a tighter fitting jacket (maybe, it's just the sleeves which are too baggy)--size down one--and a belt that matched your shoes (obv), you'd be rockin' it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style