or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 340

post #5086 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

She died so that Rob could feed his Epaulet addiction. I'll bet you wish you hadn't asked.
pig195617b.JPG

Naw I'm fine with that................satisfied.gif

Rob - your girls are adorable.
post #5087 of 16270

CIMG3938.JPG

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

CIMG3942.JPG

 

CIMG3936.JPG

 

 

post #5088 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am DIL View Post

Nice kids, NYR. My girly thinks they're adorable.
I was totally going to buy those exact sneaks the other week, I think. Where are yours from? 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Rob - your girls are adorable.

Thanks guys. The blonde is my boy though...but don't worry, everyone says, "cute girls!" to us. I guess one of the men in this household has to have nice hair! The kicks are from JCrew I think, but pretty standard white Jack Purcells, could get em anywhere.
post #5089 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
769
560

That SC might actually work better with jeans. Seems a little too short to mix with the wool trousers.

I do like each piece though (maybe not the shirt, I'm ambivalent).
post #5090 of 16270
381

440

Checking to see if last night's freezing temperature damaged the tulips.


North Sea sweater. Epaulet Slim Walt wool trousers.
post #5091 of 16270
674

Plum ruched-seams jacket : Lanvin
Grey sweater : Véronique Branquinho
Blue dress shirt: Uniqlo
Navy cords: APC
White tennis shoes: Adidas
post #5092 of 16270
great color combo, fuuma.
post #5093 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

252x640px-LL-5a9661e0_CIMG3938.jpeg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

214x640px-LL-578dcba0_CIMG3942.jpeg

350x263px-LL-f3557959_CIMG3936.jpeg

I really like that. I think the jeans are a little high in the waist but that may be your personal preference.
post #5094 of 16270
427
post #5095 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post

That SC might actually work better with jeans. Seems a little too short to mix with the wool trousers.
I do like each piece though (maybe not the shirt, I'm ambivalent).

I tend to go with shorter jackets because I'm not a tall guy; helps break up the line and create a longer looking leg
post #5096 of 16270
Fuuma, I like this look. need to find a similar jacket...just curious why a fuller cut trouser instead of a trimmer silhouette? could be just the camera angle?
post #5097 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

After reading the SW&D WAYWT for a while, I've decided to try to incorporate sneakers into my casual jacket fits. Not sure it looks good, comments? Also, the shirt is quite a fail. Knew it as I was leaving home, but had no time to change. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700700

This is not too bad - you need nicer sneakers than that - a pair of white CP achilles or simple white GATs for example go with almost everything. As Parker said, swap with a white shirt and you're good to go.

Glad that you found some inspiration on the other side - I think it takes a little time to also start appreciating styles that are completely different to your own (and often simply not applicable to your own lifestyle) but eventually, it's all additive.

But what's up with the Xu Bu pose ? puzzled.gif
post #5098 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

Fuuma, I like this look. need to find a similar jacket...just curious why a fuller cut trouser instead of a trimmer silhouette? could be just the camera angle?

Trousers are def fuller cut, I think I got them in 2003 or 2004 and APC pants were like that. It is meant to be a relaxed look and I find that the untucked shirt, full trousers and Adidas all contribute to that. The sweater is also more casual than a fully wool one (it is a mix and has casual caracteristics while not being like a cotton sweatshirt). I don't like baggy jeans but baggy trousers are def nice when done properly.
post #5099 of 16270
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

This is not too bad - you need nicer sneakers than that - a pair of white CP achilles or simple white GATs for example go with almost everything. As Parker said, swap with a white shirt and you're good to go.
Glad that you found some inspiration on the other side - I think it takes a little time to also start appreciating styles that are completely different to your own (and often simply not applicable to your own lifestyle) but eventually, it's all additive.
But what's up with the Xu Bu pose ? puzzled.gif

Thank you. Would swapping the shoe laces for plain white ones improve the look?
post #5100 of 16270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I don't like baggy jeans but baggy trousers are def nice when done properly.

Just curious, but what do you consider to be "baggy jeans?"

Would you consider these to be baggy?

715737
Edited by furo - 4/13/12 at 1:15pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style