or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 333

post #4981 of 16748
ranger
deets on shoes please
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
they rock
post #4982 of 16748
^ my guess is aldens
post #4983 of 16748

Alden x Leffot

post #4984 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Not sure how "casual" this is, but Happy Easter guys...will be watching Analyze This tonight when the kids go to sleep just to hear Billy Crystal do, "Easter Weekend!" when he sees the paesans at the meetup.
de9551a3.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
52bd5398.jpg
3b96d9d4.jpg
G- that jacket is siiick. Love it. If I were ever going to get a bike (prob not happening as the Mrs and I are in discussion for #3, and leaving her a widow with 2 was pushing it) I'd ride with that.[

Jacket's too tight in the waist and not a fan of the extra wide lapel, but the idea is good

It looks like you had the waist suppression applied as a tailoring job, but didn't take into account how bad it made the proportions, especially how it causes the pockets to sit too far around the side
post #4985 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

There was a British boyband on SNL last night and their supertight clothes/general look made me think of the current trends on SF.

Super low rise + super short jacket... no overlap between jacket and trousers. It's very effeminate, but that's the point. It works if you're comfortable with that (or you're a teenager), but it's generally not a good look on anyone over the age of 25, and in that case it only works on people with a slim (emaciated) build.
post #4986 of 16748


Four Short Pieces



2012.04.08

post #4987 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

ranger
deets on shoes please
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
they rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post

^ my guess is aldens
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Alden x Leffot

Yup. Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Jacket's too tight in the waist and not a fan of the extra wide lapel, but the idea is good
It looks like you had the waist suppression applied as a tailoring job, but didn't take into account how bad it made the proportions, especially how it causes the pockets to sit too far around the side

Nope, this jacket was made for me when I was at 160. I'm now at 175, and almost all of that 15 lbs was muscle in my upper body. Most of my stuff fits this way, and I'll be having it altered this summer. I haven't had the occasion to dress at work, so none of the stuff has been done yet. The stuff that's unalterable I'll be posting in B&S this week. 38 bonanza for folks who like full canvas 99% handmade garments in lux fabrics.
post #4988 of 16748

New member here!

Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture) satisfied.gif

New Photo.png

post #4989 of 16748

NYR how do you manage to keep all your shoes in what looks like pristine, mint out of the box condition? In your current post, but also on your whiskey Alden boots with flippin crepe sole. All it takes is one wear for me and the crepe sole discolours slightly. Or are the streets in Brooklyn just that clean?

post #4990 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

NYR how do you manage to keep all your shoes in what looks like pristine, mint out of the box condition? In your current post, but also on your whiskey Alden boots with flippin crepe sole. All it takes is one wear for me and the crepe sole discolours slightly. Or are the streets in Brooklyn just that clean?

Prly because he has 600 pairs of shoes.
post #4991 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

52bd5398.jpg

What brand and model are those shoes NYR?
post #4992 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

NYR how do you manage to keep all your shoes in what looks like pristine, mint out of the box condition? In your current post, but also on your whiskey Alden boots with flippin crepe sole. All it takes is one wear for me and the crepe sole discolours slightly. Or are the streets in Brooklyn just that clean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Prly because he has 600 pairs of shoes.

I wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

What brand and model are those shoes NYR?

These are Alden x Leffot.

As far as keeping them clean, one thing about Brooklyn is that there's not much "dirt". All concrete, and yes there's crap all over at times, but generally that stuff won't mess up a shoe. I also brush before and after each wear, making sure I clean up any blemishes I see. Its another great thing aout suede, cordovan, and chromexcel (which is what those boots are on), alls it takes is a little elbow grease and 5 minutes and they're good to go. I store them in their boxes under my bed with shoe trees as well. I also try to rotate evenly with the 5 or 6 pairs that I wear often, with boots only wearing a pair at most twice per week, and shoes, once per week.

My go to shoes are:
Carmina WTB (only for dressier occasions)
Whiskey NST
Cigar NST
Cigar LWB
Ravello LWB
#4 WTB
plus 2 suede for spring, Navy LWB and Snuff Captoe

My got to boots are:
#8 Captoe
#8 Jumper
Natty Chromexcel

I also have a pair of Black shell LWB which are worn very sparingly (funerals, night time with a suit, which is twice a year during parent teacher conferences)

The boots get most of the wear, especially October-April. I don't think 10 pair is excessive at all, especially on this forum.
post #4993 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

New member here!

Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture) satisfied.gif

New Photo.png


Your pantaloons are too tight around the crotcheroo. Otherwise, not bad. I'm cool with it, colors and all.

NYR, those shoes are cool. 
 

 

post #4994 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am DIL View Post


Your pantaloons are too tight around the crotcheroo. Otherwise, not bad. I'm cool with it, colors and all.

he wears tight pants to show off his bulge to attract teh foxy ladies!
post #4995 of 16748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

New member here!
Great looks gents, I hope to learn from all of you! Sorry for the poor quality photo (tried to avoid looking like a creep while taking this picture) satisfied.gif
350x467px-LL-4505c901_NewPhoto.png

this comes off as trying way too hard with all the colors - and the purple ps is exceedingly over the top
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style