or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 1049

post #15721 of 16062
@crat - what kinda jeans with the silk shirt?
post #15722 of 16062
Sugarcane SExSC02
post #15723 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

@Crat
 - like the fading on those jeans, fun summery goodness.

Don't get a chance to break out this jacket very often:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

you need to wear that jacket every day because it is amazing, and if you dont, you do not deserve to own it and should send it to me.
post #15724 of 16062
Does it not look like it has too much cloth in the mid-section, as though it was made for someone with a belly? See how the cloth is falling over on itself in a v-shape...
post #15725 of 16062
I think if he were standing straight, it would resolve most of that.
post #15726 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Does it not look like it has too much cloth in the mid-section, as though it was made for someone with a belly? See how the cloth is falling over on itself in a v-shape...

It may just be unstructured. CD?
post #15727 of 16062
It may indeed be unstructured. But unstructured /= misshapen; a properly fitting unstructured jacket will hang just as well as a structured one.

The pocket square seems to be contributing to the fold/wave on the right. But it's there on the left too. Just seems like too much cloth.

Regarding his stance - I thought of that, but as far as I can tell he is standing fairly straight. If I thought he was contorted in some way I wouldn't have made the comment.




Anyway, not the end of the world.
post #15728 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you need to wear that jacket every day because it is amazing, and if you dont, you do not deserve to own it and should send it to me.

 

You're not the boss of me! Sorry...

 

It is unstructured but it doesn't get worn that much mainly for the reasons mentioned above. I think it works casually, but not in a robopose + tie setting. Thanks for the thumbs and comments.

post #15729 of 16062

Wow CD, that jacket is absolutely beautiful! What is the make? Frig, those lapels look nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

@Crat - like the fading on those jeans, fun summery goodness.

 

Don't get a chance to break out this jacket very often:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

 

post #15730 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post
 

 

Thanks, buddy. It is a vintage piece made for Cable Car Clothiers that I thrifted a few years back.

post #15731 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

Thanks, buddy. It is a vintage piece made for Cable Car Clothiers that I thrifted a few years back.

I too am a big fan of the jacket CD icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #15732 of 16062
A couple morning meetings with the wife, then hooky.

post #15733 of 16062
looks sweet. where is that pic taken?
post #15734 of 16062
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

looks sweet. where is that pic taken?

As a former Bostonian, I want to guess that it was taken somewhere either along Atlantic Avenue, or somewhere in the vicinity of Rowes Wharf - the granite bollards for the chain barrier look new, and the buildings in the background look like the renovated waterfront area.
post #15735 of 16062
UC is correct ! In front of the Intercontinental on Atlantic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style