or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 938

post #14056 of 16798
RRL officer chinos..

post #14057 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post

I understand his outfit is a particular "style" and probably adheres to the "rules" of that style. I was just somewhat surprised that type of style, often championed by the likes of GQ/#menswear was embraced here at CM. 

i would not say that style is championed here. how many fits like that do you see posted here? there are a few who adhere to that style, most dont do a great job, matt did. thats pretty much it.

--

alex, if your definition of dress pants is simply that they are wool, there really is no point in this discussion.
post #14058 of 16798
MC Casual, Appalatcha style, lolols..

post #14059 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i would not say that style is championed here. how many fits like that do you see posted here? there are a few who adhere to that style, most dont do a great job, matt did. thats pretty much it.

--

alex, if your definition of dress pants is simply that they are wool, there really is no point in this discussion.

This. Most people actually said they would not wear this look but agree that he did a good job in what he was going for. Also agreed on your last point. Just because pants are wool does not automatically make them formal.
post #14060 of 16798

Sounds like we're all in agreement.

post #14061 of 16798
yay for agreement!!!!

i love when civil discourse ends well here. its rare and beautiful when it happens.
post #14062 of 16798
gnat, you look really different than when you used to post regularly.
post #14063 of 16798

Sorry guys, my intention wasn't to disrupt the thread. I like the general vibe/community in here and want to be a little more than a lurker, at times.

 

Hopefully you guys don't mind a fit every now and again.

 

Gnatty - that Appalatcha fit reminds me of growing up in rural Georgia. Gnarly.

post #14064 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

Hopefully you guys don't mind a fit every now and again.

Not at all.
post #14065 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

Sorry guys, my intention wasn't to disrupt the thread. I like the general vibe/community in here and want to be a little more than a lurker, at times.
Hopefully you guys don't mind a fit every now and again.
Gnatty - that Appalatcha fit reminds me of growing up in rural Georgia. Gnarly.

post up fits am much as you like!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14066 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

Sorry guys, my intention wasn't to disrupt the thread. I like the general vibe/community in here and want to be a little more than a lurker, at times.

 

Hopefully you guys don't mind a fit every now and again.

 

 

 

Feel free to post anytime.

post #14067 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

alex, if your definition of dress pants is simply that they are wool, there really is no point in this discussion.

 

No, not all wool trousers are dress. But, those are.

 

Look, I get what some of you are saying: He's a quirky guy selling clothes in a small boutique shop in NYC, so he can dress a little trendy/funky. That's not my argument at all. I, actually, like it when guys (and girls) go out-there with fashion. A lot of stuff you guys probably wouldn't like, I appreciate. I was coming more from the angle that high-water trousers look terrible in that kind of outfit. Do they always look terrible? Of course not. Do I dislike out-there fashion? It depends if it's good or not--to my own tastes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

Sorry guys, my intention wasn't to disrupt the thread. I like the general vibe/community in here and want to be a little more than a lurker, at times.

 

Hopefully you guys don't mind a fit every now and again.

 

Feel free to post anytime.

 

Exactly my sentiment. I didn't mean anything untoward or mean to leftofthedial; I am sure (but not certain) he is a reasonable guy, and a nice person IRL. However, such as this forum signifies, I was merely extending my opinion on clothes--not his character. Such characters as in stitches and sugarbutch already don't like me, but their continuing to dismiss my valid and hopefully reasonable reasoning is, at best, ad hominem.


Edited by JapanAlex01 - 8/27/13 at 12:58pm
post #14068 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Such characters as in stitches and sugarbutch already don't like me, but their continuing to dismiss my valid and hopefully reasonable reasoning is, at best, ad hominem.

Poor Alex. If you actually read my responses to your critiques, you'll find that I don't dismiss them because they come from you, but because I think they're wrong. And when I agree with you, I say so. I may make light of it because our agreement is rare, but painting yourself as the victim here is weaksauce.
post #14069 of 16798

SB... the commas...

 

rotflmao.gif

 

I think Alex learned English from translations of Kant.

post #14070 of 16798
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Poor Alex. If you actually read my responses to your critiques, you'll find that I don't dismiss them because they come from you, but because I think they're wrong. And when I agree with you, I say so. I may make light of it because our agreement is rare, but painting yourself as the victim here is weaksauce.

this.

first off alex, i dont hate you. i only hate one person on SF and its not you.

alex, as was pointed out, for whatever you reason, you are missing the aesthetic of the fit. you keep saying, "I was coming more from the angle that high-water trousers look terrible in that kind of outfit." that is where you are wrong. if what you mean to say is, you personally dont like the fit, thats great. but as has been explained and reasoned, ad nauseum, is that the fit is quite on point for what it is supposed to be. no one is forcing you to like it, but your constant refrain stating that it is objectively wrong is what people are justifiably ragging on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style