or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 10

post #136 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRock View Post

iv>[/quotet

The dubble munx brah, who made them?

Carmina - thanks to Armoury boys icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #137 of 16263
Still don't get a chance to do regular pictures, but here's one from a few weeks ago from vacation in what the Irish laughably call "summer".

JeffJameson.jpg

Pretty good example of what I think of as casual from a MC mindset.
post #138 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


On a different note, I do like the new layout, but damn, there's a lot more code when quoting someone's text. So difficult to edit...



Looking good. I hope it's not the last photo. But fix the camera angle. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I agree with the part about having to do more work when editing text but what do whyou mean when you say "fix the camera angle?"
post #139 of 16263
Rainy as hell summer. Today's sunny outside, so it's time to take the cream linen out.

500

500
post #140 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yizz View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
500
Lookin' good, D, in a bad-ass kinda way. fing02[1].gif (And it's not easy to look bad-ass in lavender.)
post #141 of 16263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

[/spoiler]Lookin' good, D, in a bad-ass kinda way. fing02[1].gif (And it's not easy to look bad-ass in lavender.)

+1. The fit is marvelous.
post #142 of 16263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


I agree with the part about having to do more work when editing text but what do whyou mean when you say "fix the camera angle?"

I thought it was too low. Makes you look a little distorted and bottom-heavy.
post #143 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


I thought it was too low. Makes you look a little distorted and bottom-heavy.

I agree. I've made the mistake of taking pictures from a low vantage point, and discarded them once I viewed them on my computer. I find that approximately neck height makes for the best photos - so if you're going to set the camera down with a self-timer, at least find some kind of ledge or shelf.

Viewing pictures of yourself on your computer is very helpful in general though, I find it often reveals much more than just looking in the mirror. Similar to how your voice sounds so different if you record yourself and then play it back. In this case, I realized once looking at it on my computer that my sweater is a size to big for me - then again it was a gift, so I guess perfect sizing can't be expected. Almost SW&D, well it does involve the &D part, but with the button up shirt, I think I can still stick it in here.

WAYWRN12.jpg
(Shirt is yellow, socks blue)
post #144 of 16263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbro View Post


I agree. I've made the mistake of taking pictures from a low vantage point, and discarded them once I viewed them on my computer. I find that approximately neck height makes for the best photos - so if you're going to set the camera down with a self-timer, at least find some kind of ledge or shelf.

Viewing pictures of yourself on your computer is very helpful in general though, I find it often reveals much more than just looking in the mirror. Similar to how your voice sounds so different if you record yourself and then play it back. In this case, I realized once looking at it on my computer that my sweater is a size to big for me - then again it was a gift, so I guess perfect sizing can't be expected. Almost SW&D, well it does involve the &D part, but with the button up shirt, I think I can still stick it in here.

WAYWRN12.jpg
(Shirt is yellow, socks blue)

Was going to comment on the sweater, but you've said it yourself. May I recommend Land's End Canvas v-neck sweaters for a nice trim fit? Size down and you're good to go. I also found H&M sweaters to be a very good fit. However, the quality is obviously not stellar (although acceptable).
post #145 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


Size down and you're good to go.

Or, drop it on the dryer as I did by mistake, and end up with an action figure sized sweater..... biggrin.gif
post #146 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

[/spoiler]Lookin' good, D, in a bad-ass kinda way. fing02[1].gif (And it's not easy to look bad-ass in lavender.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


+1. The fit is marvelous.

Thanks, guys.
post #147 of 16263
Getting some great inspiration and learning a few things from this thread. Primarily that I need to lose a bunch of weight before I can post my fit pictures here. frown.gif
post #148 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbro View Post


WAYWRN12.jpg
(Shirt is yellow, socks blue)

I like this fit. My initial reaction was that it was baggy, but it does looks relaxed and comfortable and that quality is usually quickly overlooked in favor of a more fitted ensemble. Like acecow said, you could slim down the sweater but I like it nonetheless.
post #149 of 16263
casual friday

500
post #150 of 16263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Getting some great inspiration and learning a few things from this thread. Primarily that I need to lose a bunch of weight before I can post my fit pictures here. frown.gif

You don't have to. Nobody is looking for models/clones in here.
Show with clothing that fits and flatters your figure and you'll be fine.
I, myself, have been comfirming recently that, contrary to tendency to wear blousy clothes when you're overweight, fitted (not undersized) clothing fits you more. So, although I've gained some weight, people keeps asking if I've loose some.
Well... I'm not a veteran but I say: you're welcome here.

P.D.: I just realized that you have more posts than I, so I don't think you need this but, anyway, it's said.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style