or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 838

post #12556 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

Weather still isn't cooling down. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









J Sassy, I like the SC. The overall presentation would be improved if you hemmed the pants a little higher to get a cleaner line.
post #12557 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


J Sassy, I like the SC. The overall presentation would be improved if you hemmed the pants a little higher to get a cleaner line.


Thanks Sugar. Looking back I agree 100%, it will be a much cleaner look if I take them up. I think the leg openings are slimmer than my normal so it's creating a stacking effect.

post #12558 of 16822
post #12559 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSwartz View Post

 

AppleMark

 

This is great! I prefer a wider leg--those make you look like you have insect legs--but, that aside, great look! smile.gif

post #12560 of 16822
mike and joshua, very nice.
post #12561 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

 

This is great! I prefer a wider leg--those make you look like you have insect legs--but, that aside, great look! smile.gif


Thanks! I also prefer a wider leg but it's a slippery slope for me. Since I actually do have insect legs, the wider I try, the more they look like I'm swimming in them. Hopefully I can find something just a bit more full on my next pair. 

post #12562 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post


Sweater, jacket, cargo pants: sportive.

Dress shoes (even if derby): not sportive.
Maybe some good(!) sneakers would be better here? (Nothing colourful, solid black or brown?)
post #12563 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSwartz View Post


Thanks! I also prefer a wider leg but it's a slippery slope for me. Since I actually do have insect legs, the wider I try, the more they look like I'm swimming in them. Hopefully I can find something just a bit more full on my next pair. 

 

Mike, where can I get that jacket?

post #12564 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_ View Post

Sweater, jacket, cargo pants: sportive.

Dress shoes (even if derby): not sportive.
Maybe some good(!) sneakers would be better here? (Nothing colourful, solid black or brown?)

Thanks, thats what others have said too but I respectfully disagree. A derby on a round last like the modified is not dressy at all in my books. ( I think this has been a point of discussion before)
Another thing someone mentioned (over in SW&D) is that the cargos are too short and that I do agree on. Will have them re-hemmed an inch or so longer.
IMO sneakers are a no-go with an outfit like this; boots will probably work best for those who find these shoes too dressy.
Everything save the sweater is military (inspired) come to think of it, the shoes too.

-edit-
Please don't see this as unwillingness to learn or consider a different point of view.
Edited by Crat - 4/21/13 at 3:00pm
post #12565 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrymoto View Post

 

Mike, where can I get that jacket?

It's a Brooks Brothers from last year, I don't see it listed anymore sadly. Might try searching for BB driving jacket.

post #12566 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_ View Post

Sweater, jacket, cargo pants: sportive.

Dress shoes (even if derby): not sportive.
Maybe some good(!) sneakers would be better here? (Nothing colourful, solid black or brown?)

those look like casual PTBs to me. This is MC Casual, not MC Sportive biggrin.gif


IMG_7502.jpg
post #12567 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

those look like casual PTBs to me.
Indeed they are, with some slight differences.
post #12568 of 16822
What did I say? puzzled.gif No harm meant.
post #12569 of 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

Everything save the sweater is military (inspired) come to think of it, the shoes too.

The point I actually wanted to make is that your outfit looks sportive (military), but it's hard to do sports or even fight with those shoes. They're to be worn to dress uniforms but during service you have combat shoes/boots.

So I see a mismatch btw shoes and clothes. Not that this is a style problem (yours is fine and I'm definitely okay with it), that were more some practical thoughts. Did you ever run, jumped over fences or fought with dress shoes? Granted, the agents in the Matrix did, but I didn't.

Anyway, I'll ask my Krav Maga instructor to have a session with dress shoes. One never knows...
post #12570 of 16822

Wore this exact get-up during the day today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demean View Post

 


 

I quite like this cardigan, but I'm not very keen on the collar. I think it might be a little too tall and unruly.

 

 


Had a birthday dinner in the evening, so I wore the following;



I went for a more tight-fitting casual look, so I really just stuck the pocket square in there and even left my cuffs unbuttoned (looked better - IMO- because I need the jacket sleeves shortened!)



 

I've learned a lot over the past few weeks or so, not too bad for a university student I think!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style