or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: MC Casual Style - Page 741

post #11101 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I dare him to wear a purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wddhv1990.jpg

smile.gif
post #11102 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post

+100. Its much easier to put together a suit than a casual combination in most cases.

QFT
post #11103 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

A rare - possibly foolhardy - foray into denim + tie today.
HF, I'm one of those that would never wear a tie with jeans (so, totally unlike NOBD wink.gif ) but I think this works well: The colourful, large gingham + the sporty tweed coat + the solid woolly tie (could've been a knit as well) all seem appropriately casual for the jeans, which in turn are dressy enough for a tie.

I can't really tell from the pic, but hopefully that's not a french cuff on the shirt devil.gif
post #11104 of 16824
post #11105 of 16824
Disaster, Crat. But a full-blown, no-holding-back disaster. smile.gif
post #11106 of 16824
Good, kinda what I was going for laugh.gif
Still, probably better than what I was wearing earlier today.
post #11107 of 16824
^ lol @ bike name laugh.gif
post #11108 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Disaster, Crat. But a full-blown, no-holding-back disaster. smile.gif


 I agree. There's absolutely nothing right about his at all! Mind you, I prefer someone to really go for it and blow up completely than the kind of timid and bland failures that most of us manage.

post #11109 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Disaster, Crat. But a full-blown, no-holding-back disaster. smile.gif

I disagree. I think. A mid-gray, donegal-ish tweedy jacket could have been kinda cool with this. Maybe.

But, Crat, never those pants and that jacket. Just don't.

Nice boots.
post #11110 of 16824
@ crat: what pants are those?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

post #11111 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I disagree. I think. A mid-gray, donegal-ish tweedy jacket could have been kinda cool with this. Maybe.

But, Crat, never those pants and that jacket. Just don't.

Nice boots.

Fair enough. Different jacket, different pants, different PS, and Crat might be onto something. smile.gif

This is "Eat your heart out, Pitti."

And stop mirror-shining those boots, Cr!
post #11112 of 16824
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Fair enough. Different jacket, different pants, different PS, and Crat might be onto something. smile.gif
I'll try that tmr., something less in-your-face smile.gif
This outfit was meant to be terrible.


The trousers are by OBEY, bubba
post #11113 of 16824
Excellent outfit, Crat.
post #11114 of 16824
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

laugh.gif I gratuated from grammar school that month (can one graduate from grammar school?). Come to think of it, I think it was actually 1990...
Look:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wddhv1990.jpg

DB jacket, BD shirt..., suede shoes! And a lot of stacking smile.gif.
 

 

Now that's the late 80s/early 90s I remember... rotflmao.gif

 

Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

A rare - possibly foolhardy - foray into denim + tie today.
HF, I'm one of those that would never wear a tie with jeans (so, totally unlike NOBD wink.gif ) but I think this works well: The colourful, large gingham + the sporty tweed coat + the solid woolly tie (could've been a knit as well) all seem appropriately casual for the jeans, which in turn are dressy enough for a tie.

I can't really tell from the pic, but hopefully that's not a french cuff on the shirt devil.gif

 

Thanks. This shirt is from my Victor period when I ordered almost any fabric with double cuffs. If/when it needs recuffing, it will be done as a button cuff (assuming the fabric can still be found, of course). Would it help if I said I chose a chunky/informal cufflink? devil.gif

 

Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Disaster, Crat. But a full-blown, no-holding-back disaster. smile.gif

 

Originally Posted by Crat View Post

This outfit was meant to be terrible.

 

Objective achieved. smile.gif

 

Actually, if roll neck were tucked in and the coat swapped for something urban/military-esque like a bomber jacket or a field coat, I could sort of work. Ish. Maybe?

 

 

 

Casual enough to x-post into here I think:

 

(In case you miss my note in the main WAYRN, NOBD, this is the beige Lockie roll neck I mentioned a couple of days ago. As you can see it has more presence than the thinner white Ballantyne from that day's look. More casual, and more versatile. The photo doesn't really illustrate the natural colour variations I can see IRL, but you get the overall idea.)

 

post #11115 of 16824
Looks nice, HF. I'd like bigger ribs on the neck of the sweater, but it has the 'Lockie vibe' smile.gif. Nice fit on the jacket too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style