I like this a lot. Love the jacket! I might've worn brown suede shoes, but it is great regardless.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 656
Styleforum Top Picks
Oh, don't get me wrong, I liked how I looked.
But I've also liked how I've looked at other times, when I haven't had positive feedback. I'm not saying I deserved +ve comments then, mind you. I'm not critiquing SF, but myself: what I'm saying is that I don't have an eye for "cool", which is a component of casual in a much more direct way than it is for smarter looks. I've never really needed to dress "cool", to be honest, so I don't haven't really put in the practice/hours required to train the eye. I definitely have an eye for smart/sharp. I flatter myself than I also have an eye for colour (even I sometimes combine them in bizarre ways). And on a good day, I even have an eye for patterns (again, sometimes a rather psychedelic/mirror funhouse eye...). But "cool" (within the more modern casual spectrum) is not really my forte, and to complicate matters, is a tricky thing to absorb osmotically through feedback, because it's a fairly nebulous concept to define.
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...