Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 637
What I wore today:
And, with more than a bit of trepidation, and what I know you're all looking forward too (if only to enjoy ripping it to pieces! ), here's what I picked up from being hemmed:
Feel free to give an absolutely honest critique on the jeans fit (although be aware that the specific shirt & jacket are just what I happened to be wearing anyway, though I did swap the shoes for a more appropriate boot). Whether it's deemed good or bad, this will be my last experiment trying to get a pair of jeans that looks OK. From my position of ignorance, I will say that I prefer how this pair looks in the mirror to any of the other attempts I've made, and actually, they feel a hell of a lot more comfortable to wear around the waist/thigh, which is quite strange considering they both sit lower and are heavier/stiffer & more tapered than previous pairs. They've actually naturally settled even a touch lower since I took the photos (maybe about half an inch or so further down), but I can't be bothered to retake the pics.
Out of curiosity, I just took the belt off to see whether they can shuffle down any lower; the combination of the jeans' waist circumference and my hips mean that the waistband literally cannot be pushed down any further. Physics prevents it. :)
As mentioned above though, they are now about 0.5" lower than pictured, as they did settle a bit as I've been moving around since then.
Are they pre-distressed? I didn't even notice, lol. Looking at the photos, I suppose they are, very slightly! Funnily enough, the photos do exaggerate this aspect though, compared to what I see in the mirror IRL, even now I know it's there. Maybe the processing I did to the pics showed it up more? Don't know.
In the interests of education, what's the issue with pre-distressing? Is it the specific pre-distressing on these jeans, or a philosophical objection to pre-distressing in general, similar to how some guys prefer shoes with no artificial patination and others like the kind of artificial vintage effects you see with, say, Berluti?
I wear jeans approximately once a month, at most, so I think waiting for natural distressing is a bit of a non-starter in my life. :)
BTW, how can the rise be low enough to mean no tucking in of shirts, and at the same time, also need pushing down a further inch as per your first post? I really don't understand!
I live to entertain! :D
As I said, it's my last experiment with denim, so it would be unfair not to share the results with an expectant world, even if it's a fail. The IgNoble Prize awaits!
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 24 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...