Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 637
Styleforum Top Picks
What I wore today:
And, with more than a bit of trepidation, and what I know you're all looking forward too (if only to enjoy ripping it to pieces! ), here's what I picked up from being hemmed:
Feel free to give an absolutely honest critique on the jeans fit (although be aware that the specific shirt & jacket are just what I happened to be wearing anyway, though I did swap the shoes for a more appropriate boot). Whether it's deemed good or bad, this will be my last experiment trying to get a pair of jeans that looks OK. From my position of ignorance, I will say that I prefer how this pair looks in the mirror to any of the other attempts I've made, and actually, they feel a hell of a lot more comfortable to wear around the waist/thigh, which is quite strange considering they both sit lower and are heavier/stiffer & more tapered than previous pairs. They've actually naturally settled even a touch lower since I took the photos (maybe about half an inch or so further down), but I can't be bothered to retake the pics.
Out of curiosity, I just took the belt off to see whether they can shuffle down any lower; the combination of the jeans' waist circumference and my hips mean that the waistband literally cannot be pushed down any further. Physics prevents it. :)
As mentioned above though, they are now about 0.5" lower than pictured, as they did settle a bit as I've been moving around since then.
Are they pre-distressed? I didn't even notice, lol. Looking at the photos, I suppose they are, very slightly! Funnily enough, the photos do exaggerate this aspect though, compared to what I see in the mirror IRL, even now I know it's there. Maybe the processing I did to the pics showed it up more? Don't know.
In the interests of education, what's the issue with pre-distressing? Is it the specific pre-distressing on these jeans, or a philosophical objection to pre-distressing in general, similar to how some guys prefer shoes with no artificial patination and others like the kind of artificial vintage effects you see with, say, Berluti?
I wear jeans approximately once a month, at most, so I think waiting for natural distressing is a bit of a non-starter in my life. :)
BTW, how can the rise be low enough to mean no tucking in of shirts, and at the same time, also need pushing down a further inch as per your first post? I really don't understand!
I live to entertain! :D
As I said, it's my last experiment with denim, so it would be unfair not to share the results with an expectant world, even if it's a fail. The IgNoble Prize awaits!
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 seconds ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 5 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 7 minutes ago
- › NWT: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Polos MSRP $325 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...