(I would)Never wear a SC with an untucked shirt!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 603
okay, i can see how that might violate convention. but it still can work . . . i think a lot depends upon the length of the shirt (i.e. a shorter cut sportshirt, and not a dress shirt), and the sportcoat would be worn unbuttoned of course . . . there's a certain slimming effect in play too . . .
the general idea, is some sort of light secondary layer to be worn over the shirt that's not too heavy for fall and that's not cut like a bomber jacket (i.e. a jacket that hangs below the waist). and it doesn't necessarily have to be a sport coat . . .
a field jacket / military style jacket would also fit this bill . . .
i fear i am too hairy for that.
really, blue and green? the sky and the trees? ah well.
thanks! they are one of my faves, despite the fact many here think (and quite possibly correctly so) they are all wrong for my build.
i think it was more vibrant than the rest, but the SC and pants were both pretty muted, and i didnt want the whole thing to look dead. needed something bright imo. not sure if it was super vibrant irl or not. could be.
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 22 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 23 minutes ago
- › *BIG DROP* VASS Burgundy Shell Cordovan Double Monk Strap U-Last EU... 27 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 33 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carlos Santos Balmoral Boot in brown patina 35 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...