(I would)Never wear a SC with an untucked shirt!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 603
okay, i can see how that might violate convention. but it still can work . . . i think a lot depends upon the length of the shirt (i.e. a shorter cut sportshirt, and not a dress shirt), and the sportcoat would be worn unbuttoned of course . . . there's a certain slimming effect in play too . . .
the general idea, is some sort of light secondary layer to be worn over the shirt that's not too heavy for fall and that's not cut like a bomber jacket (i.e. a jacket that hangs below the waist). and it doesn't necessarily have to be a sport coat . . .
a field jacket / military style jacket would also fit this bill . . .
i fear i am too hairy for that.
really, blue and green? the sky and the trees? ah well.
thanks! they are one of my faves, despite the fact many here think (and quite possibly correctly so) they are all wrong for my build.
i think it was more vibrant than the rest, but the SC and pants were both pretty muted, and i didnt want the whole thing to look dead. needed something bright imo. not sure if it was super vibrant irl or not. could be.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Video Games 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding