(I would)Never wear a SC with an untucked shirt!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 603
Styleforum Top Picks
okay, i can see how that might violate convention. but it still can work . . . i think a lot depends upon the length of the shirt (i.e. a shorter cut sportshirt, and not a dress shirt), and the sportcoat would be worn unbuttoned of course . . . there's a certain slimming effect in play too . . .
the general idea, is some sort of light secondary layer to be worn over the shirt that's not too heavy for fall and that's not cut like a bomber jacket (i.e. a jacket that hangs below the waist). and it doesn't necessarily have to be a sport coat . . .
a field jacket / military style jacket would also fit this bill . . .
i fear i am too hairy for that.
really, blue and green? the sky and the trees? ah well.
thanks! they are one of my faves, despite the fact many here think (and quite possibly correctly so) they are all wrong for my build.
i think it was more vibrant than the rest, but the SC and pants were both pretty muted, and i didnt want the whole thing to look dead. needed something bright imo. not sure if it was super vibrant irl or not. could be.
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 8 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 15 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...