Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 60

post #886 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


Good fit and nice casual. Well done.

Thank you! Though it does seem that I now have to commute across the continent to get good clothes. Otherwise I get swaddled in fleece...
post #887 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post

Again, hate taking pictures in harsh lighting conditions. Don't like how these pics turned out at all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_lsc942Ak3D1qcq3abo1_500.jpgtumblr_lsc95drPWM1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
Last night, couldn't do hair (Click to show)
tumblr_lsc91g31w91qcq3abo1_400.jpg

Nice looking and great fitting leather jacket. Details?
Thanks, it is TOJ like all of my other jackets. They have a thread in SW&D and an unofficial website at http://www.templeofjawnz.com. Feel free to mention me if you buy a jacket since the creator likes knowing how people heard about his work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post

Again, hate taking pictures in harsh lighting conditions. Don't like how these pics turned out at all.

I agree, this is terrible. How can you leave the house, ever. biggrin.gif
Well I mostly meant just the pictures. I look awesome.
post #888 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWilliams View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700263
Kiton Jacket
Ralph Lauren wool slacks
Neiman Marcus sweater

I like the colors, but I think the silhouette is columnar and I can't imagine why that is desirable. Even sack suits don't look this blocky.
post #889 of 22933
Does this count?
9e481923.jpg
71317792.jpg
post #890 of 22933
Matt! Buddy!
post #891 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Last night, windy, and a little cool:

p1040091y.jpgp1040092v.jpg

No coat:

p1040095y.jpg

Details:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
p1040094y.jpg

What jacket is this, Barbour I'm guessing but model? Thanks
post #892 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

What jacket is this, Barbour I'm guessing but model? Thanks

Sorry, no, it's Belstaff
post #893 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

What jacket is this, Barbour I'm guessing but model? Thanks

Sorry, no, it's Belstaff

Damn! Well, from my iPhone I thought the jacket looked like Belstaf but the lining looked like Barbour..,
Nice jacket nonetheless, what model Belstaff?
Btw, it's a good look on you.
post #894 of 22933
+1 on model number. Whodini also posted a great-looking Barbour or Belstaff jacket (in the early pages of SW&D's WAYWT thread), but then I visit their web sites, and all I find are a bunch of prominently logo-ed jackets, never the exact thing people are posting here.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Colors all look great, btw.
post #895 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

+1 on model number. Whodini also posted a great-looking Barbour or Belstaff jacket (in the early pages of SW&D's WAYWT thread), but then I visit their web sites, and all I find are a bunch of prominently logo-ed jackets, never the exact thing people are posting here.
musicboohoo[1].gif
Colors all look great, btw.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/Belstaff/PRDOVR~22991/22991.jsp?srcCode=GGBS00002

i have the same one. just a great jacket, goes well with just about any causal item in the wardrobe
post #896 of 22933
Thread Starter 
Chapter 2
in which acecow appeals to the Gods of NOBD
by wearing suede loafers and no funny socks;
the Gods grant him beer and many women
to dance with

690

700

P.S. NOBD, I forgot to reply about the lens. This 50mm gives too much zoom. For instance, these pictures were taken with a tripod from across the room. There's no more space to move the camera away to capture the shoes better, etc. A full-frame camera takes a 50mm and it's like normal human field of vision. Cheaper DSLRs effectively make it into an 80mm, not a 50mm.
post #897 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Chapter 2
in which acecow appeals to the Gods of NOBD
by wearing suede loafers and no funny socks;
the Gods grant him beer and many women
to dance with

smile.gif I haven't worn loafers since the eighties... Thanks for the socks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

P.S. NOBD, I forgot to reply about the lens. This 50mm gives too much zoom. For instance, these pictures were taken with a tripod from across the room. There's no more space to move the camera away to capture the shoes better, etc. A full-frame camera takes a 50mm and it's like normal human field of vision. Cheaper DSLRs effectively make it into an 80mm, not a 50mm.

I know what you mean(t). I meant the 50 isn't a zoom lens, because it has a fixed focal point. smile.gif It's 80mm on my camera as well. For WAYWRN totals I use about 35mm on my (actual) zoom lens, which translates to 50 mm.
post #898 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post

I like the colors, but I think the silhouette is columnar and I can't imagine why that is desirable. Even sack suits don't look this blocky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

@ PTW:
Jacket too long, sleeves too long, buttons too close together, trousers too baggy, collared jacket needs a collared shirt. Other than that it's all fine and you look so much better without the face fungus.

Thanks. Yes I do want to project a trimmer silhouette, I am having my pants altered, and I'll need some guidance on the jackets. Having pushed up my running to 40 mi/wk, and lost 20 pounds by dieting (shooting for 23 to 28 pound loss), its probably a good time to get things retailored. Fortunately, I always bought my jackets and pants too tight.
post #899 of 22933
The sweater has to go, Mr Williams.
post #900 of 22933
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterInjax View Post

Damn! Well, from my iPhone I thought the jacket looked like Belstaf but the lining looked like Barbour..,
Nice jacket nonetheless, what model Belstaff?
Btw, it's a good look on you.

Roadmaster. I have one in black also. Great riding jackets for drizzly weather, and they look fine as part of a casual fit also. The black is a great looking coat, I've had women ask me if they could touch it.. shog[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style