Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 567
Interestingly Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
changing the wheels is an easy task, when the rest is nailed.
I do agree that there's too much break, and I think this is because the shoes have no heels. I had them tailored for no break with a pair of Alden longwings, and I'm sinking into the spongy soles.
Crat, sweet fades on the Sugarcanes!
firstly, im sure i agree to that entirely, but more importantly, it was 90 degrees outside, and i was outside, needed a cooler ensemble. i might have died with another layer on me.
thanks, shoes are zegna couture. one of my fave shoes i have. very comfy, very versatile. al least imo.
i still dont see why you think these pants are so casual. they really dont seem to be irl, imo. along with that, i think the dress shoes work with the pants.
the cuff is sloppy. i havent hemmed it yet, so that is about 4 folds to get it to proper length.
as to the shirt, i like it. YMMV.
1. post count and being well dressed rarely have anything to with each other.
2. everyone misses sometimes.
3. i think the outfit looked much better irl, where you can see the true colors and textures of the individual pieces.
1. Why are you still rolling your shirt cuffs only a quarter way up like that? It's terribly unflattering.
2. If you're going to wear a shirt casually, it needs to have casual details. Button-down collar, beefy oxford or flannel fabric, often a chest pocket or two etc etc. I'm sure you know this already, why aren't you implementing?
3. Ultra sleek loafers do not work with casual pants. I think we've said that before...they also don't work for your body type TBH.
4. Those pants actually fit better than most others I've seen on you. They might work with those tan bucks you have, and perhaps a navy gingham check casual shirt.
1. that was a mistake, they should have had another roll or two. might have fallen doen over the day, but yeah, looks bad.
2. as i posted in the recent purchases thread, i have come to that conclusion more or less. why i have nit implemented, i really dont have all that many shirts like that yet.
3. see above reply to teger. as to body type, probably true, but i like these shoes, and ill continue to wear them. please not to hate me.
4. thanks, i really do like the fit on these, though i am not used to such a narrow tapered leg. i was actually thinking about exactly that combo. i was afraid it may be too much blue, and i thought the slim look of the pant may not jive with the round larger look of the shoes. ill try that combo out out soon. let me know if you think it works any better.
thanks for taking the time to organize your feedback so well.
I read somewhere that striped dress shirts should never be worn without a jacket.
But I've seen it working before...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
let's analyse this in comparison to stitches fit:
- belt is same colour as shoes, or at least lighter in colour.
- his cuffs as well as his shirt collar is not sloppy.
- he is ryan gosling.
- next to the person left of gosling, everybody looks dapper.
1. my belt and shoes are the same color. maybe the pic doesnt show that
3. no fair
I don't like the way your collar points are laying down on your shoulders, Stitchy. Have you tried magnetic collar stays yet?
the one thing i do not love about this shirt, is that it does not have slits for collar stays. i have no idea why. its RLPL, anyone find that with their shirts? i think maybe they wanted to give it a more casual feel. who knows.
@ crat - really liked your last 2 posts here.
you would also benefit from dressing less.. 'sloppy'. a sharp crease will make your legs seem straighter and balance out your top half better, same with more straight leg pants. a properly ironed collar will look better too.
because i'm lazy (and you seem to like j crew), these are two ways to do what you're trying to do better:
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/oxfordshirts/PRDOVR~60763/60763.jsp in light blue, untucked
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/brokeninchinos/PRDOVR~19488/19488.jsp in navy
http://www.jcrew.com/browse/popup_single_product_detail.jsp?jproduct=16561&imgSrc=http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/16561_GY6480_m?$pdp_fs418$&isFeatureColor=true in navy
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/ludlowdressshirts/PRDOVR~99439/99439.jsp tucked in
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp or some sort of brown leather blucher.
i know it's fun to mix worlds and stuff, but you need to get the basics down first.
I am aware of this, but I try to have some respect for people who've been around here longer than me - unless they are just rude, and you certainly aren't. If you were new, I would have said something like the cliché, 'post less and lurk more', but that would clearly be rather too late in your case!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 seconds ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 7 minutes ago
- › BNWT CANADA GOOSE LODGE DOWN JACKET. SZ. M. 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › NEW Oak Street Bootmakers Peanut Suede Vibram Sole Trail Oxford... 17 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 22 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 24 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts