Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 227
I get shit for my chinos being too tight/short (the way I like them). Not sure if these qualify as chinos thought, cotton twill/herringbone pants. Any rate, I like the way his chinos were cut. I have MAYBE 100 bucks to spare a month total. Thats my "fun" money. And if I spend it on clothes, that means no movies with the missus, no going out to eat, etc. Hence me being a tight bastard.
Lately, I also have been spending most of my clothes money on alterations. I have a lot of stuff in my closet that I would never wear only because of a bad fit, so a few dollars on alterations is well-spent money.
The chinos that I posted, however, cost me $30 (I think) to slim and taper. As GBear pointed out, not all chinos should have stacks - I only went with (a very little) extra length on mine because the fabric is a thick ribbed cotton, and the stacks actually stack. With yours, Liam, I'd be concerned that the extra length would bunch up around the ankle, and not really stack. I guess you could have them tapered and slimmed first, and then see if you need the length reduced.
I agree completely. But fortunately, Liam's pants are actually chinos.
(I think you knew that - just wanted to clarify for posterity)
Always interesting, unusual posts!
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Countdown to Breaking Bad!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Skyfall Midnight Tuxedo 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Mister Freedom x Sugarcane NOS Chambray Green 11 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...