Apologies for my late reply and thanks for letting me know the maker
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1481
That jacket is too structured to ever look at home over just a tshirt.
It's also too long in the sleeves and looks like it might be too wide for your shoulders. The first issue can be easily fixed; the latter sadly cannot. If you can't return the jacket at least get a tailor to shorten the sleeves so you can get some wear out of it while you look for a better fitting one.
If you had the sleeves hemmed and wore it over the vneck sweater and shirt you posted a few days ago you'd have yourself a nice casual look for the Autumn/Winter.
I love chocolate suede.
Alright, giving my moleskin jacket a try. One of my earlier commissions that I ended up not wearing very much--armholes a bit large, bulky in general, the moleskin is a bit on the heavier weight and clunky), but I think it's okay. Maybe with more wear it's soften more.
I actually think the shoulders are just a bit extended (as per the style for the tailor) which I had reduced on my next jacket while reducing the armholes. I think HK "house styles" tend to be bulkier as a rule.Some pictures (Click to show)
My understanding is that a larger armhole would allow even an extended shoulder to have a cleaner drape. But yeah, those other jackets are definitely an improvement.
I've actually had my fair share of trouble in this area. I've concluded that some of my suits and jackets are actually a size too small (shout out to @Caustic Man) - a rather expensive mistake. It will make tailoring more expensive in the future, but them's the brakes, I suppose.
Brooks Brothers cord jacket, Chaps (Ralph Lauren era) PPBD shirt, Polo Ralph Lauren belt, Burberry Nova Plaid pocket square, Rugby Ralph Lauren trousers (with a buckle on the back), and Allen-Edmonds shoes.
Close-up of the buckle on back........
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...