Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1453

post #21781 of 22928

In Leather (a Vanson Enfield):

 

post #21782 of 22928
^^ Amazing (although you don't need me to tell you that). So good.
post #21783 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stevens View Post

^^ Amazing (although you don't need me to tell you that). So good.

 

Thanks, man! I really appreciate it!

post #21784 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

Thursday night out. I've no intention working tomorrow wink.gif

Nice look. But pop it with a fun pocket square and some suede shoes if you don't want to look so workyworky.
post #21785 of 22928

Walked past the place where the garbage trucks live.  It's Saturday, so they all were at home.


Lands' End blue glen plaid PPBD shirt, Brooks Brothers BB#1 stripe ribbon belt, J Crew patchwork Madras trousers, and Bass white bucks with blue shoelaces.

post #21786 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

Walked past the place where the garbage trucks live.  It's Saturday, so they all were at home.





Lands' End blue glen plaid PPBD shirt, Brooks Brothers BB#1 stripe ribbon belt, J Crew patchwork Madras trousers, and Bass white bucks with blue shoelaces.

I like how you coordinated the pattern and colors of your pants to your background, sir. Visually stunning!
post #21787 of 22928

post #21788 of 22928
That's nice @Darkside. I like the colors. What's the jacket?
post #21789 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

In Leather (a Vanson Enfield):


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

This is a very rare miss in my book from the king of the thread.  For the sake of conversation, I'll assume the jeans are black and the sweater is brown.  I'm not a big fan of black and brown together.  I feel like the jeans, boots and jacket say badass and the crewneck sweater with the BD collar poking out do not say that at all.  I'm not that into the SWD side, but this needs a different shirt underneath.  

post #21790 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

This is a very rare miss in my book from the king of the thread.  For the sake of conversation, I'll assume the jeans are black and the sweater is brown.  I'm not a big fan of black and brown together.  I feel like the jeans, boots and jacket say badass and the crewneck sweater with the BD collar poking out do not say that at all.  I'm not that into the SWD side, but this needs a different shirt underneath.  

I appreciate the feedback, AAS.

The sweater is olive which does go with black, to my eye. The jeans are black, though.

I don't know if the boots say badass - look at how they're polished.

It was a cold day and a t-shirt wouldn't cut it. What shirt would you have gone with?

The idea was to wear this jacket on a cold day without looking like a biker. Ideas?
post #21791 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


I appreciate the feedback, AAS.

The sweater is olive which does go with black, to my eye. The jeans are black, though.

I don't know if the boots say badass - look at how they're polished.

It was a cold day and a t-shirt wouldn't cut it. What shirt would you have gone with?

The idea was to wear this jacket on a cold day without looking like a biker. Ideas?

 

Perhaps a roll-neck sweater in white, pale grey or a vivid cobalt blue?

 

The (Inis Meain, I think?) sweater is a bit incongrous to me with the black leather and jeans. It's a very nice piece of knitwear but I think it would probably be more at home with more rustic fabrics like corduroy and tweed.

post #21792 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucido View Post

Perhaps a roll-neck sweater in white, pale grey or a vivid cobalt blue?

The (Inis Meain, I think?) sweater is a bit incongrous to me with the black leather and jeans. It's a very nice piece of knitwear but I think it would probably be more at home with more rustic fabrics like corduroy and tweed.

Good idea. I've got a grey rollneck and I'll try it with that.

Yes, it's Inis Meain - well spotted!
post #21793 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Good idea. I've got a grey rollneck and I'll try it with that.

Yes, it's Inis Meain - well spotted!

Yes, I agree with Lucido. Grey rollneck would look great IMO. I mean bad as in slick and not rustic like the sweater.
post #21794 of 22928

Amazing Gerry. Simply amazing.

post #21795 of 22928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

Amazing Gerry. Simply amazing.

 

Thanks, man!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style