or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1424

post #21346 of 22443
When it's been 100° the last 3-4 days and you work from home, you don't always dress up. But today I did. Partially in solidarity with all our brethren at #pitti90 and partially just for my own dignity, lol.

Chas looks great and I kinda hate him, btw. biggrin.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #21347 of 22443
Simmer down guys... you're both pretty. No need for hateration. Keep the great fits coming lol.
post #21348 of 22443

Trying out a some new items (sports jacket and shoes both thrifted).  Shoes may be a little too formal for the chinos but I kind of liked how it worked out...

 

Apologize for the bathroom pic, didn't have time to take a picture before I left this morning 

 

Jacket: Jaeger Wool/Silk/Linen blend
Shirt: CT
Pants: JCrew Navy Dress Chinos
Shoes: Black AE Sanford
Belt: Macy's because I have a mortgage and can't be spending $100+ on belts

 

 

 

 

post #21349 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurewear View Post

Trying out a some new items (sports jacket and shoes both thrifted).  Shoes may be a little too formal for the chinos but I kind of liked how it worked out...

Apologize for the bathroom pic, didn't have time to take a picture before I left this morning  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Jacket: Jaeger Wool/Silk/Linen blend
Shirt: CT
Pants: JCrew Navy Dress Chinos
Shoes: Black AE Sanford
Belt: Macy's because I have a mortgage and can't be spending $100+ on belts









I'm not the type to give unsolicited opinions about other peoples' outfits on here. But right now, I'm in that mood, so here's my input:

1- Brown SC (nice-looking fabric from what I can tell) would typically indicate you wear brown shoes, not black
2- In fact, you even wore a shirt that would indicate brown shoes, too (looks sorta like tattersall, which makes me think of English tweed)
3- Navy chinos really brings the brown shoe point home.
4- The argyle socks seem a bit out of place. I don't know where you live but I'm assuming it's summer. Argyle is a classic fall pattern associated with fall.

So, starting with just the basics, make the shoes brown and make the socks something else (if you dig patterns, try herringbone or houndstooth or pindots; if you're like me, just wear navy socks all the time). You'd raise the level here a notch just by doing those two things.
post #21350 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post


I'm not the type to give unsolicited opinions about other peoples' outfits on here. But right now, I'm in that mood, so here's my input:

1- Brown SC (nice-looking fabric from what I can tell) would typically indicate you wear brown shoes, not black
2- In fact, you even wore a shirt that would indicate brown shoes, too (looks sorta like tattersall, which makes me think of English tweed)
3- Navy chinos really brings the brown shoe point home.
4- The argyle socks seem a bit out of place. I don't know where you live but I'm assuming it's summer. Argyle is a classic fall pattern associated with fall.

So, starting with just the basics, make the shoes brown and make the socks something else (if you dig patterns, try herringbone or houndstooth or pindots; if you're like me, just wear navy socks all the time). You'd raise the level here a notch just by doing those two things.

 

Thanks, the advice is appreciated.  Got similar input regarding brown shoes elsewhere and it's making more sense in my head as I picture it.  Sockcraft is definitely an area I haven't had much experience in the past.  Any links you would recommend as a starting point?

post #21351 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

When it's been 100° the last 3-4 days and you work from home, you don't always dress up. But today I did. Partially in solidarity with all our brethren at #pitti90 and partially just for my own dignity, lol.

Chas looks great and I kinda hate him, btw. biggrin.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cheers Moss! Dig the hell out of those loafers, who are they by?

post #21352 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Knight View Post

Cheers Moss! Dig the hell out of those loafers, who are they by?

cheers.gif they are from Polo, made by AE. Singleton loafer i think they were called...
post #21353 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurewear View Post

Thanks, the advice is appreciated.  Got similar input regarding brown shoes elsewhere and it's making more sense in my head as I picture it.  Sockcraft is definitely an area I haven't had much experience in the past.  Any links you would recommend as a starting point?

LOL, nope, sorry to say. I've never spent much on socks—I got some cashmere socks free once but they got a hole in them. Bought some over-the-calf socks from some fancy brand, but can't stand how over the calf socks mess with my trousers. So all my socks are Nordstrom Rack, and they are all navy. Need to get some more, actually...
post #21354 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Knight View Post

First time with my new Eidos suit (just jacket today)
Plus Eidos shirt, Cucinelli tie, John Lobb shoes are my favorites Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Getting hot here in Austin!

Not sure if you're interested in feedback about your outfit, but here goes.  I like much of it.  I agree with the Duke that you should button your tab collar.  I'm sure there are people who think that looks cool, but I don't think there are many around here.  It looks sloppy and lazy IMO and brings down an otherwise great outfit.  This is a matter of preference, but your pants look very tight.  Not slim, but tight like ladies jeggings.  The tightness runs up against the fit of the jacket which is very nice.  Slim, but not tight.  It makes your lower body look disproportionately slim.  If you don't care about feedback, feel free to ignore all of this.  

post #21355 of 22443
+1

Pants are too tight and rise is too low.
post #21356 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Not sure if you're interested in feedback about your outfit, but here goes.  I like much of it.  I agree with the Duke that you should button your tab collar.  I'm sure there are people who think that looks cool, but I don't think there are many around here.  It looks sloppy and lazy IMO and brings down an otherwise great outfit.  This is a matter of preference, but your pants look very tight.  Not slim, but tight like ladies jeggings.  The tightness runs up against the fit of the jacket which is very nice.  Slim, but not tight.  It makes your lower body look disproportionately slim.  If you don't care about feedback, feel free to ignore all of this.  

Thanks for the feedback! (also @Foxhound). Honestly, I agree with you two; to be honest, if I had the means currently I would have different trousers. There was a time when I wanted the slimmest shit available and thought it looked good. I have learned more now and prefer a slightly more relaxed fit. I still have these and I wear them because they're in my closet. Hoping to get some chinos from Incotex, PT01, Masons, Eidos or Cucinelli soon, but just hasn't rolled around yet. 

 

Cheers gents

post #21357 of 22443
post #21358 of 22443
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Pictures of Pitti day 1 are now up!

Nice @EFV

 

Inspired by your visit, here is the new Friday Challenge:

 

NEW CHALLENGE IS UP:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/524780/friday-challenge-june-17-2016-pitti-peacock

post #21359 of 22443

Luxuire shirt and trousers, Epaulet boots, and some other stuff.

Lots of great fits recently. @gnatty8 I've got some engineer boots coming and your fits are the standard of cool for them. I'm making a close study.
post #21360 of 22443

I like the jacket!

 

Always think that shade goes great with dark trousers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style