or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1411

post #21151 of 22477
Yes I see. There's something off with the shirt collar but I don't know why, and I should wear my braces with my outfit, I think that's what's wrong with the trousers.

I'm not sure if coat sleeve should be shortened though after all it's meant as a raincoat and should extend beyond jacket and potentially shirt sleeves. If not I'm hoping it being linen the wrinkles will take care of it eventually and it'll be a bit shorter.
post #21152 of 22477


I agree. Overall a great look but the sleeve and trouser length gives the impression of playing dress up in dad's closet. I've seen you pull off the long hem look before so it may be a personal expression of style and that's fine; own it. But in this case it gives you a bit of a slouchy look. Especially with the crotch appearing a bit ill-fitting as well, and the long sleeves. But, like I said, a great look. Just needs tightening up a bit.

post #21153 of 22477

Not sure if this fits in here or the other thread so posting in both :)

post #21154 of 22477
Are those Kimber/Eidos? Is that color smoke? Also, this thread should be named after you at this point. Awesome!
post #21155 of 22477
You're such a thumb junkie, Gerry.

That jacket is tops. A1, even.
post #21156 of 22477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Are those Kimber/Eidos? Is that color smoke? Also, this thread should be named after you at this point. Awesome!

 

Thanks for the kind words! There is a lot of awesome fits in this thread that give me inspiration - Chocsosa, CruzAzul, Caustic Man, Chulillo, Cotton Dockers and also a number of people whose usernames start with letters other than 'C' :) 

 

The dark brown suede chukka boots are by Carmina - nice if you want something dressy. I have a pair of Kimber boots that I would wear more casually.

post #21157 of 22477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Thanks for the kind words! There is a lot of awesome fits in this thread that give me inspiration - Chocsosa, CruzAzul, Caustic Man, Chulillo, Cotton Dockers and also a number of people whose usernames start with letters other than 'C' smile.gif  

The dark brown suede chukka boots are by Carmina - nice if you want something dressy. I have a pair of Kimber boots that I would wear more casually.




biggrin.gif
post #21158 of 22477
Today. Almost as casual as it gets for me smile.gif

c306ce6445f7e9831f9e88cac4dba73b.jpg
Details (Click to show)
* Lee jacket
* shirt from Miler Menswear
* wool/cashmere tie from Poszetka
* Benevento chinos
* Adidas Superstar
* Seiko

9e6d91b3d2593a5da5199669d043cbc2.jpg

fcbf8515d4cc593f2c8badc65daf6ac4.jpg

4e1021255f92aaf333050f423ba47f73.jpg
post #21159 of 22477
Wrinkly casual stuff today:

post #21160 of 22477

Oh my so good.

post #21161 of 22477

I was going to guess Tod's from first glance given the toe, the deep brown, and the nap but, now, told what to look at, they're not as angularly cut. Beautiful. Carminas, you say?

post #21162 of 22477

WHAT is that jacket? The purple/violet webbing is brilliant or is that a game of lighting? But, my god, that is beautiful. The whole look, really...but that jacket!

post #21163 of 22477
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadnor View Post
 

I was going to guess Tod's from first glance given the toe, the deep brown, and the nap but, now, told what to look at, they're not as angularly cut. Beautiful. Carminas, you say?

 

Yes, Carmina chukkas on the Soller last - perfect for wider feet but the last still looks elegant.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadnor View Post
 

WHAT is that jacket? The purple/violet webbing is brilliant or is that a game of lighting? But, my god, that is beautiful. The whole look, really...but that jacket!

 

Blue suede A-1 made by Baldassari for a local store. The webbing is a lighter blue but the lighting makes it look purple. It's a lovely jacket and I'm very glad I got it.

post #21164 of 22477


Thank you. I am looking for that so we'll see. Looks unlikely but lovely enough to justify the search. BTW, that whole look rocks.Hard to pull off the jacket/tie look (in my opinion) unless it's just ever so. And yours is just ever so.

post #21165 of 22477
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadnor View Post
 


Thank you. I am looking for that so we'll see. Looks unlikely but lovely enough to justify the search. BTW, that whole look rocks.Hard to pull off the jacket/tie look (in my opinion) unless it's just ever so. And yours is just ever so.

 

@CraftsmanCo might be just the place to get one made then :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style