Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1375
@Chulillo, I got this one, not the wool bomber.
I have a knit jacket already I remembered and I don't have anything like this that I'd wear to clinic if it's rainy. Thankfully the bomber's sold out now and I don't have to fret about which to get! I have a similar J Crew millerain jacket that's barbour-esque like the one you just posted, but it feels more casual to me than the trench.
I looked at that one too. Post a picture when you get yours so we can see how it really fits, please (I don't usually trust publicity pictures haha)
Now I wouldn't be quite so categorical about green shoes, as the owner of several pairs. But those loafers are pretty bright and the whole fit is pretty GTH, so I'm not sure you'd need the shoes. Some brown suede loafers would let the trousers and jacket carry the fit, while still fitting the relaxed vibe. You could go with espadrilles too or maaaaybeee even plain white canvas sneakers.
Overall, I'd say no reason not to give that style fit a try. You'll post a photo when you do, right?
Certainly not the shoes, gentlemen I should have stated this in my earlier post.
Actually I already did today, was only looking for a confirmation. Got some pretty nice compliments, although I doubt the sartorial judgement of the source of those compliments. Not sure about posting a fit photo though
Certainly not the shoes, gentlemen:) I should have stated this in my earlier post.
Actually I already did today, was only looking for a confirmation. Got some pretty nice compliments, although I doubt the sartorial judgement of the source of those compliments. Not sure about posting a fit photo though:facepalm:
Well, look who doesn't need the Internet's approval to dress himself! Ha ha .
What shoes did you wear, out of interest? Another thought for something jazzy to go with them would be spectators. You need to take my advice with the caveat that I tend to like fairly loud shoes. :shrug:
And glad to hear you got positive feedback. I think sometimes compliments can come as much from a place of recognizing that you are making an effort as much as understanding what you are getting at. And that's OK in my book.
Spectators for sure. And I don't personally wear them, but I feel like snuff/fox suede dub monks would also go with that fit. I'm not against green, I have some Loden suede boots and that's a lovely, subdued shade.
As for compliments, I get the most off-the-cuff remarks when something I'm wearing is, for lack of a better word, obvious - most of all if it's uncommon: orange tie, suspenders, colorful PS. My favorite compliment is simply "he dresses well" or when coworkers and friends ask me for advice. And thank god they do, because all this time spent on Styleforum has to count for something, dammit.
After some thoughts, here we go @jcmeyer & FrankCowperwood
Mind you, I’m from Accra, Ghana, and it gets pretty hot here. Average annual temperature is about 27 degrees celsius (about 80oF). Was about 93oF today. I can get pretty sweaty depending on what I’m doing so since I was outside for a bit, I kept my linen shirt almost fully buttoned-up to avoid exposing any sweat that might come on my chest.
- › Cars We Drive! 29 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...