Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1357
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Novaeagle I think you're right. I've taken a pair of trousers to be altered. I'll see how that goes, and not touch it much more if it's alright. You're right I'm pretty okay with how they fit until I've been drawn to look at it (and tbh it might be some comments on waywrn that made me self conscious).
@Isolation My favorite look from you so far. I like the slim jeans and the jacket has a cool classic laid back vibe. The length looks intentional since the shoulders fit so nicely. Also the belt is fine. The jeans would look good uncuffed too if you let them stack.
@Isolation I think the jacket looks relaxed, not too big. I also think the jeans look good on your slender frame, and agree that they would also look good stacked (although I'm a big fan of cuffs). I would trade out the belt for an O ring belt, or a chunky dark brown belt with a square buckle.
I think the belt buckle is casual enough for you not to go with a suede belt.
To answer your "help" part...
I'm quite honestly no expert, and relatively new / not very experienced around here. That being said, I think you're over-obsessing. Like many other things, there's a fine line in well-fitting clothes. Your pants appear to fit great. Don't sweat the microscopic details that only people closely analyzing a picture of you on StyleForum are going to notice. If people in real life won't notice, then it shouldn't matter.
Either way, good luck solving your issues!
THIS IS STYFO
OVER-OBSESSING IS NOT POSSIBLE
as expressed in the Claghornian Theorem, thus:
where o represents the amount of obsessing you ought to be doing, and M represents the maximum amount of obsessing you are capable of
I love it :<)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I dunno, CM, not really feeling this one. The jacket is blue velvet? Either way, it seems too structured in the shoulders for a jeans and loafers fit, and too close to the same hue as the jeans. The vest is suede? Moleskin? It feels western-wear-y to me which clashes with the velvet. The PS makes little sense as well. All in all, I just take in a lot of contradictory elements. Others appear to be on board, so maybe it's me
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...