Worn earlier this week with all the rain we were getting out here in Cali. It has been pretty casual for me this week so this was done really sans a suit. The interesting thing is that this look is mostly vintage inspired. Everything I am wearing save for the shirt and cardigan is vintage in a way. The hat, the trench, shoes and watch were passed down from my dad. He wore them as a younger guy when he was doing his undergrad in England. The trench had to be worked on a little bit (cinch the waist a little, shorten the overall look and taper the sleeves some). The tie was purchased on ebay. The pants are part of a suit that was made for me almost 8 years ago using a vintage cloth. The shoes are over 30 years old. I had to get them stretched.. but I think have aged well. With the cooler temperatures and the layering of the cardigan and the heavier ounce of the pants, it kept me warmer. It was below 50 all that day with winds from the rain so this helped being I had a lot of meetings where I had to park downtown and walk a couple blocks..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1301
Love the look but bruh you need some chap stick for dem lips!
Edit, damn you should play in the NBA
C'mon mayne! You tryna say my lips ashy Bruh? lol..As for the NBA...was not good enough but I played against guys who are in the league if thats any consolation..
It actually is not... the picture does not do it justice due to my hands being in my pocket which unnaturally hikes up the cardigan over my waist and interrupts the natural line of the waist band.
I like everything else but the tie.. I wish the tie were on the casual side like a wool or atleast a wool mix...that looks like silk..Still thumbed because generally it shows that you can wear a S.C/Blazer with a tie and denim... This is the way to do it...
This tie is an odd one. It's actually 80% linen/20% cotton, but it has a sheen almost like silk. It's knitted, so it's probably a bit more casual than it appears in the pics, but since it does give off the impression of silk it's kind of stuck in no man's land. And a tie with denim is totally unnecessary and mostly a misstep, but every now and then I do enjoy a look like this one.
1) What do I do? I'm at work dressed like this, I have plans after work, and I don't have another knit tie to put on.
2) How does it feel now that we're NO LONGER FRIENDS?!
"Brooks was here." But it was a beam not a pipe. Would have been the same result. Everything reminds me of some movie these days.
I like this tie with this, actually. I think it looks very appropriate with jeans, and knits in general are a go-to with jeans, to me.
If I ditched anything, it would be the PS. Squares and jeans look kinda odd to me, though the bandana style here works as well as a square could.
I would also undo my top button and loosen the tie with this, but that's just me.
If you have already hung yourself with said tie please disregard the above.
- › The Frank Leder thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Shoes Blowout (SIZE 9.5D) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet MTO Taylor (High Rise, Single Pleat) Super 130s Wool SIZE 34 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet x Individualized - Floral Shirt - SIZE SMALL 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...