or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1290

post #19336 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


I think you mean:

IF tie=1 THEN bucket_hat=0

Next time use a compiler.

Do schools still use OOL to weed out freshman and computer architectures to weed out juniors?
post #19337 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Do schools still use OOL to weed out freshman and computer architectures to weed out juniors?

 

No idea. I was just kidding around. I have no computer skills at all - I'm actually writing this freehand.

post #19338 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Casual Friday - playing hooky with Bernoulli today - the Met Museum, then a raid on Madison Avenue.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie, via Austin Reed, London
Shirt, vest, trousers - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

The scale of the windowpane is exceptional here, as is the autumnal color palette. You wear this very well in a way most others wouldn't, which is the definition of personal style, I think! Well done.

post #19339 of 22490
When it gets "colder" (which is maybe 50F in San Francisco), this is my general weekend-wear theme. Gingham button-down under a cashmere v-neck, field coat, selvedge jeans, and boots of some sort. Pretty basic.








Edited by jcmeyer - 10/18/15 at 3:13pm
post #19340 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post

When it gets "colder" (which is maybe 50F in San Francisco), this is my general weekend-wear theme. Gingham button-down under a cashmere v-neck, field coat, selvedge jeans, and boots of some sort. Pretty basic.

And that's why it works so well ;) Pretty much my everyday wear in the fall in NY/NJ if I don't have to get more business suited.

 

Where's the coat from?

post #19341 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyStylin View Post

And that's why it works so well wink.gif Pretty much my everyday wear in the fall in NY/NJ if I don't have to get more business suited.

Where's the coat from?

Thanks, man! Coat is Neiman Marcus house brand, so I'm not sure who actually made it. From a couple years ago now.
post #19342 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


Thanks, man! Coat is Neiman Marcus house brand, so I'm not sure who actually made it. From a couple years ago now.

 

Cool, thanks.. Going to try on some Alpha Industries coats tomorrow actually.

post #19343 of 22490

Are those Wolverine 1000 Miles? I haz those.

post #19344 of 22490
post #19345 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Are those Wolverine 1000 Miles? I haz those.

They are indeed, sir. Very much quite indeed.

Mine are getting all sorts of dark spots, which I don't mind at all, but I'm not really sure how to best care for them. Do you polish, mink oil, what?
post #19346 of 22490
@jcmeyer

Solid. My personal preference would be no roll on the jeans and less "work wear" boots, but I would rock everything else. Suede chukkas would look great IMHO.
post #19347 of 22490
I just so happen to have recently come into possession of a pair of snuff suede chukkas... I'll give 'em a go next time, and see how the no-roll goes!

post #19348 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post

I just so happen to have recently come into possession of a pair of snuff suede chukkas... I'll give 'em a go next time, and see how the no-roll goes!

 

I roll with my Wolverine 1000 miles often, and don't roll with my suede chukkas (though I've only worn them once) ;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


Mine are getting all sorts of dark spots, which I don't mind at all, but I'm not really sure how to best care for them. Do you polish, mink oil, what?

 

Venetian shoe cream is recommended for conditioning, and just brushing with water actually to even out the color and scratches.

post #19349 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Are those Wolverine 1000 Miles? I haz those.

They are indeed, sir. Very much quite indeed.

Mine are getting all sorts of dark spots, which I don't mind at all, but I'm not really sure how to best care for them. Do you polish, mink oil, what?

 

I actually labor in them frequently, so they're mostly dirty, but I occasionally clean them with a damp cloth, apply some leather conditioner, and then give 'em a good brush.

post #19350 of 22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 


I think you mean:

 

IF tie=1 THEN bucket_hat=0

 

Next time use a compiler.


if(tie)

  bucket_hat = false;

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style