or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1258

post #18856 of 18870


post #18857 of 18870

post #18858 of 18870

post #18859 of 18870

Turtlenecks were all the rage last winter over here... I almost bought one in navy myself but then I thought about it... I can't stand them... I like them but can't wear them... I feel like I am suffocating... I don't  know... and they usually itch... 

post #18860 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

Turtlenecks were all the rage last winter over here... I almost bought one in navy myself but then I thought about it... I can't stand them... I like them but can't wear them... I feel like I am suffocating... I don't  know... and they usually itch... 

 

"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down." -Mitch Hedberg
 

post #18861 of 18870
^Was waiting for the Hedberg reference. Well done.
post #18862 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

 

"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down." -Mitch Hedberg
 


LOL

post #18863 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 


LOL

Mock?  I wear them on the course when it's really cold out.

 

For "older people" thay cover up a lot.

 

Cheers.

post #18864 of 18870

I adore turtlenecks, but I think they made a lot more sense in Europe, back in the years where everyone just sat around freezing their balls off all winter.

 

That said, I'm dying to get this thing out again.  Hedberg didn't cover the part where you feel so awesome that it's worth feeling kitten-strangled all day.

 

post #18865 of 18870
Boat neck not turtleneck for me:

post #18866 of 18870
Hey, folks, don't generalize your sensory issues to everyone else. Turtlenecks:

post #18867 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

Turtlenecks were all the rage last winter over here... I almost bought one in navy myself but then I thought about it... I can't stand them... I like them but can't wear them... I feel like I am suffocating... I don't  know... and they usually itch... 

 

Cashmere makes a difference - it's like being hugged rather than strangled :) No different to a buttoned up collar when you wear a tie and yes, they are awesome.

post #18868 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoz View Post
 

Mock?  

No, I thought @justridiculous text was funny, that is all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoxtooth View Post
 

I adore turtlenecks, but I think they made a lot more sense in Europe, back in the years where everyone just sat around freezing their balls off all winter.

 

That said, I'm dying to get this thing out again.  Hedberg didn't cover the part where you feel so awesome that it's worth feeling kitten-strangled all day.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Nice! Your combo today somehow reminds me of the longshoremen in that Brando's movie... On the Waterfront.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

Cashmere makes a difference - it's like being hugged rather than strangled :) No different to a buttoned up collar when you wear a tie and yes, they are awesome.

I really like how they look but I can't wear them :( 

I don't have this problem with ties at all... but turtlenecks... don't know... I have tried many times and always end up not using them. The one I almost bought last winter had cashmere in it... felt really soft but in the end I didn't buy it.

post #18869 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

No, I thought @justridiculous text was funny, that is all.

 

Nice! Your combo today somehow reminds me of the longshoremen in that Brando's movie... On the Waterfront.  

 

I really like how they look but I can't wear them :( 

I don't have this problem with ties at all... but turtlenecks... don't know... I have tried many times and always end up not using them. The one I almost bought last winter had cashmere in it... felt really soft but in the end I didn't buy it.

Chu,  By "mock", I meant mock turtleneck.  That's what I wear to the golf course on cold days.

 

Cheers,

post #18870 of 18870
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoz View Post
 

Chu,  By "mock", I meant mock turtleneck.  That's what I wear to the golf course on cold days.

 

Cheers,

Haha, I had to look it up... I think that over here we call that "swan" neck instead of turtleneck... I had a couple of thick shirts like that when I was 16 or 17 that I use when skiing but I am not really comfortable with them either... in fact, I threw them away after a couple of uses if I remember correctly. 

 

Here is one of the sweaters I try last year (really liked the sweater but I ended up giving it away... too thick/warm for me):

 

 

LastTurtleneckSweater_zps4fhndf7b.jpg~original

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style