Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1014
I was about to joke that it'd look good if you were in Australia and wearing a P. Johnson suit, but then I clicked your link and realized you satisfied both requirements! Ha.
I agree with @Stiva that toning down the formality of the rest of the fit would make the sneakers work well. Lose the tie, try an odd jacket and trousers, or try a polo shirt under the jacket instead of the shirt and tie.
My guess is 80-20 wool cashmere (wouldn't it be so cool if I was right!?).
Also, Europrep, I definitely dig the gray jacket and navy pants combo you posted. I'm generally not a fan, but I think it works after being taken out of the strict CM context (done by removing the tie from the equation).
re: gray sportcoat, thanks Clags
The Mario sportcoat wears almost like a thick flannel shirt. Very comfortable and although very trim to the body, it was extremely comfortable wearing throughout the day.
edit: FYI...I own two blue Mazz shirts in case anyone was thinking I had bad laundry habits.
Fit looks great! Throw a scarf or or something in and you'd get my vote in a MC cozychallenge.
- › What are you drinking right now? 37 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 59 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding