Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 999
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks! But it's actually a bit snug when zippered and the sleeves are about an inch or two too short. Thinking about selling it and trying for a bigger size.
I bought this one new off of eBay. It is a slim G9 sized as a 38. I usually wear a 40 in jackets, so if I were to re-buy I would get that size in the slim fit.
Unfortunately I don't know the brand and there's no label (well, the label says "100 % Leather and Cotton Made in China ..."). They're suede equestrian gloves which I've had for years, and if you check out equestrian apparel stores you'll find many gloves in a similar style (though blue suede is unusual in a riding glove, I admit), and in various levels of formality and informality. Riding gloves tend to be quite durable, and even the dressier ones are often inexpensive compared to comparably well made gloves you might find in men's apparel shops. In general, the better ones are good value.
Sorry I don't have more information on this particular pair.
I don't get this outfit, it would work much better with the more rugged elements if you removed the tie and had some thick oxford button down. BTW is the shirt blue with a contrasting collar or just plain white?
MC trick: if it's casual don't wear a tie, jeans are casual, corduroy is casual, those boots are casual, etc.
Connery is wearing a three piece with a knit and a spread collar, in a movie, probably set and filmed in the 60s. Our friend is dressing now, with jeans and a lot of casual elements. Same advice as above, ditch tie, replace shirt.
I did end up ditching the tie. Kept the shirt though. Not because I thought it was a good decision, but because I already had it on. :-X
I've only got 9-10 shirts I like to wear. That's including casual. Every now and then, one makes it in to the wrong rotation (this is getting expanded. See the one above that arrived today and will probably order 2-3 more at the end of the week).
SF just doesn't usually see it. :-P
I agree with this. I wasn't saying that a tie was good with that outfit, I was commenting on the specific critique of knit tie + spread collar.
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 54 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Iron Heart Garrison Belt (IHB-02/Brown) (large/size 36) 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?