Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 999
Thanks! But it's actually a bit snug when zippered and the sleeves are about an inch or two too short. Thinking about selling it and trying for a bigger size.
I bought this one new off of eBay. It is a slim G9 sized as a 38. I usually wear a 40 in jackets, so if I were to re-buy I would get that size in the slim fit.
Unfortunately I don't know the brand and there's no label (well, the label says "100 % Leather and Cotton Made in China ..."). They're suede equestrian gloves which I've had for years, and if you check out equestrian apparel stores you'll find many gloves in a similar style (though blue suede is unusual in a riding glove, I admit), and in various levels of formality and informality. Riding gloves tend to be quite durable, and even the dressier ones are often inexpensive compared to comparably well made gloves you might find in men's apparel shops. In general, the better ones are good value.
Sorry I don't have more information on this particular pair.
I don't get this outfit, it would work much better with the more rugged elements if you removed the tie and had some thick oxford button down. BTW is the shirt blue with a contrasting collar or just plain white?
MC trick: if it's casual don't wear a tie, jeans are casual, corduroy is casual, those boots are casual, etc.
Connery is wearing a three piece with a knit and a spread collar, in a movie, probably set and filmed in the 60s. Our friend is dressing now, with jeans and a lot of casual elements. Same advice as above, ditch tie, replace shirt.
I did end up ditching the tie. Kept the shirt though. Not because I thought it was a good decision, but because I already had it on. :-X
I've only got 9-10 shirts I like to wear. That's including casual. Every now and then, one makes it in to the wrong rotation (this is getting expanded. See the one above that arrived today and will probably order 2-3 more at the end of the week).
SF just doesn't usually see it. :-P
I agree with this. I wasn't saying that a tie was good with that outfit, I was commenting on the specific critique of knit tie + spread collar.
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 53 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Company 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...