I am no insider, so please correct me if I am wrong, but we seem to have very little information as to what occasion Vox's picture has been taken at. Therefore, given Vox's record of being well-dressed, we should give him the benefit of doubt that his dress was indeed appropriate for the occasion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 959
Styleforum Top Picks
Guys, I did leave open the possibility that it was an impromptu photo. We don't know the context. (And I doubt Vox would visit a presidential candidate or attend an official function in a tweed jacket and flannel pants)
However, examining the photo itself and not factoring in context, he is underdressed compared to Mitt.
Edited by jrd617 - 9/30/13 at 3:04pm
(originally posted by TTO)
TTO, you are one of the most impressive dressers around here, and this is of course in most ways up to your usual standard. However, with the greatest of respect, I find that this outfit makes you look like you have no neck.
I think it's the combination of a "popped" shawl collar and the long, long shirt points. Maybe the hat contributes too. We all have to work with our little bodily quirks - me with my barrel chest and slight stoop, others with their short legs. Your cardigan is nice but I would definitely wear that collar flat. And I'm not convinced the shirt collar is right for your build.
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...