Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 953
^ This is awesome - but in terms of style, there is a world of difference between NOBD's hiking boots and the Keens of CP (as much as I like CP's fit otherwise). Mind you, I am perfectly fine with wearing the Keens with what people usually wear hiking these days (fleece, hiking pants, waterproof jacket etc.). But OCBD + shetland sweater call for something more traditionally styled IMHO.
As for the shoes, do you critique running shoes for being ugly? Not sneakers. RUNNING SHOES for people who are running in them? Fit and function are king for activity shoes. I don't give a flying if my running shoes are ugly if they work.
On the day of the picture, I spent two hours in a university library where the temperature was freezing. Hence, the sweater.
After my research was finished, I walked about 6 miles, across the town, mostly through the trails and (fairly steep) hills of the Arboretum. The Keens were perfect for this. While on the walk, the sweater went into my knapsack. Earlier, this year, I underwent 6 months of grueling physical therapy so that I could run and walk (normally) again. At one point, I could not even climb stairs. For a walk like this, the Keens gave me the support that I needed. When I arrived at my destination, for a lunch date, I switched to the weejuns that I had in my knapsack.
I posted the picture of the (despised?) Keens only out of fun.
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 13 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...