Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 727
Styleforum Top Picks
probably so. out of my comfort zone... it's a friggin' blazer, tho. I thought those were ok with jawnz. I was wearing dress pants and a tie today and switched to jeans cause I'm going out after work - that's why a dress shirt.
jeans are just bunching up everywhere cause there's like 10" or more of extra material (robopose pic added) - wondering if there's something else I could do other than hemming, as I don't really know how jeans are suppossed to fit. Being fat doesn't help.
Edited by RDiaz - 12/28/12 at 9:50am
I'll check it out. Probably worthless though since they'd have to hack the whole coat up to fit me. Especially with Walmart's sizing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last week, we mentioned select Walmart stores were stocking Harris Tweed blazers for $75, but having not seen them in person we asked you — our wonderful readers — for your impressions.
About a dozen of you responded with your thoughts (several of you were kind enough to snap photos) and there were a few common threads from a majority of your responses.
Sizes ranged from 38 to 50, some in short or long sizing, too.
Almost everyone was impressed with the fabric and there are three types of fabrics: charcoal herringbone, blue barleycorn and oatmeal barleycorn.
Several found the shoulder sizing to be problematic. Some sized down to get a better shoulder fit (because of the extra padding that increased the shoulder size). Meanwhile, others couldn’t find a size that worked because of the excessive padding or shoulder divots, which turned into a deal breaker.
Another issue in regard to fit was the boxy cut of the chest area, meaning most will have to make a trip for alterations.
Buttons are plastic, not leather.
A few people mentioned the wooden hangars were perhaps the nicest part of the whole deal. Easily, the hangar might sell for around $25 by itself at retail prices.
While no one was able to give me a highly-detailed summary of jacket construction (frankly, I wasn’t expecting anyone to buy one and start doing a teardown of one), several readers mentioned they bought one and were pleased with it for the price. Others said they would’ve considered it if the jacket’s fit wasn’t problematic for them.
Overall, it’s impossible to recommend a jacket at any price if it doesn’t fit (especially in the shoulders), so definitely give them a try on and be honest with yourself if it looks and feels good while wearing it.
(Thanks to everyone who wrote in and to Christopher and J.W. who sent in photos.)
I love those boots, they are pretty comfy
Who made this parka that you're wearing?
Sweater is from Hudson North. This tie I bought also at our the Bay store but don't remember which brand is it.
Edited by Kappelan - 12/29/12 at 10:15am
- WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Christophe Lemaire Hidden Placket Jacket - Brown Fleck - Size 3 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO 5 minutes ago
- › Lone Wolf Engineer Boots 10.5 6 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories