Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 727
probably so. out of my comfort zone... it's a friggin' blazer, tho. I thought those were ok with jawnz. I was wearing dress pants and a tie today and switched to jeans cause I'm going out after work - that's why a dress shirt.
jeans are just bunching up everywhere cause there's like 10" or more of extra material (robopose pic added) - wondering if there's something else I could do other than hemming, as I don't really know how jeans are suppossed to fit. Being fat doesn't help.
Edited by RDiaz - 12/28/12 at 9:50am
I'll check it out. Probably worthless though since they'd have to hack the whole coat up to fit me. Especially with Walmart's sizing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last week, we mentioned select Walmart stores were stocking Harris Tweed blazers for $75, but having not seen them in person we asked you — our wonderful readers — for your impressions.
About a dozen of you responded with your thoughts (several of you were kind enough to snap photos) and there were a few common threads from a majority of your responses.
Sizes ranged from 38 to 50, some in short or long sizing, too.
Almost everyone was impressed with the fabric and there are three types of fabrics: charcoal herringbone, blue barleycorn and oatmeal barleycorn.
Several found the shoulder sizing to be problematic. Some sized down to get a better shoulder fit (because of the extra padding that increased the shoulder size). Meanwhile, others couldn’t find a size that worked because of the excessive padding or shoulder divots, which turned into a deal breaker.
Another issue in regard to fit was the boxy cut of the chest area, meaning most will have to make a trip for alterations.
Buttons are plastic, not leather.
A few people mentioned the wooden hangars were perhaps the nicest part of the whole deal. Easily, the hangar might sell for around $25 by itself at retail prices.
While no one was able to give me a highly-detailed summary of jacket construction (frankly, I wasn’t expecting anyone to buy one and start doing a teardown of one), several readers mentioned they bought one and were pleased with it for the price. Others said they would’ve considered it if the jacket’s fit wasn’t problematic for them.
Overall, it’s impossible to recommend a jacket at any price if it doesn’t fit (especially in the shoulders), so definitely give them a try on and be honest with yourself if it looks and feels good while wearing it.
(Thanks to everyone who wrote in and to Christopher and J.W. who sent in photos.)
I love those boots, they are pretty comfy
Who made this parka that you're wearing?
Sweater is from Hudson North. This tie I bought also at our the Bay store but don't remember which brand is it.
Edited by Kappelan - 12/29/12 at 10:15am
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 19 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 minutes ago
- › shoe sole paint... 35 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 37 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 45 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 56 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 57 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding