• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Belt?

mrbateman

Reaction score
All,

I've had a brown Brooks Brothers belt that I've used for work for the last 4 or 5 years and it is now a bit worn and needs replaced. What are the best brown belts (dressier)?

-Was thinking about hermes (not one of the awfull H belts but rather just a regular nice brown belt with a normal buckle).
-I looked at a Brioni belt last weekend but it looked the same as my Brooks Brothers belt and cost 3 times as much.
-How are Crockett & Jones belts?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbateman
I started with a search. There isn't that much out there. Thanks though.

The favorite from my collection is the so called "H" Hermes.. I can't see why that bothers you but anyways ..
musicboohoo[1].gif

maseace007

Reaction score
I order mine custom from Rewards in Austin or Maidas in Houston...http://www.shoprewards.com

Both stores recondition them for free for the life of the belt as well (redye and replace snaps), I have a number of buckles (some classic, some western, some trendy) that I can interchange on the five straps I have (brown leather, black leather, brown gator, black gator, and tan elephant).

They're not as inexpensive as BB but a much better deal.

rohde88

Reaction score

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hotel Guy

Reaction score
I picked up an Allen Edmonds belt a few months back and it seems very nice, especially for the price (on sale for $50).

Pennypacker

Reaction score
In my opinion the best belt is this: a sterling slide buckle (as long as you don't buy a branded buckle like Ralph Lauren or Brooks Brothers, you can find them at a good price) and a brown and/or black strap. When they wear out or if you need to match your shoes, you can always swap it out. Filson also makes great, long lasting belts, which are a little more casual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads