Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BBBF Suits versus Paul Stuart Suits? Last post on 12/5/12 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart Custom? Last post on 6/30/15 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Why no love for the three piece suit? - Page 18
Styleforum Top Pickspost #257 of 3299/7/13 at 2:47pmpost #258 of 3299/7/13 at 2:55pmpost #259 of 3299/8/13 at 3:56pmpost #260 of 3299/8/13 at 5:11pmpost #261 of 3299/8/13 at 6:04pmpost #262 of 3299/9/13 at 6:07ampost #263 of 3299/16/13 at 1:43pmpost #264 of 3299/18/13 at 2:15pm
Frankly, if you are going to wear a 3 piece suit, it shouldn't even have belt loops. If you are going to insist on wearing a belt, the rise needs to be high enough and the vest long enough that the belt and buckle are not visible.post #265 of 3299/18/13 at 4:11pmpost #266 of 3299/18/13 at 7:14pmpost #267 of 3299/19/13 at 9:38ampost #268 of 3299/19/13 at 10:33ampost #269 of 3299/19/13 at 4:54pm
^^^ I don't recall, but it is likely neither. This suit is several years old, and was a much more full cut than what you see here. 20 lb of weight loss made the thing hang on me like a tent, and it wasn't getting worn, so I turned my tailor loose on it - jacket shortened and taken in with some waist suppression, trousers slimmed, vest taken in, etc. So the end result is not really any given Sameulsohn cut anymore.
Mr. D and MrFu - thanks very much.
- Why no love for the three piece suit?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › [Denim Discussion] Distressed or Clean? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Jacket and pants 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › G&G Wiltshire 10.5E 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...