Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 10/7/13 at 6:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BBBF Suits versus Paul Stuart Suits? Last post on 12/5/12 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart Custom? Last post on 6/22/14 at 6:34pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Why no love for the three piece suit? - Page 15post #211 of 3295/5/13 at 10:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 3295/5/13 at 11:34pmpost #213 of 3295/6/13 at 9:50amQuote:
A BB MTM (Golden Fleece full canvas) will probably still last that long. Hell, even my cheaper half fused BB suits (from the bad days of Marks & Spencer owned BB) have lasted 20+ years and still look great (and I'll stand by my assertion that the current post Marks and Spencer era BB stuff is much improved quality wise).post #214 of 3295/6/13 at 11:14ampost #215 of 3295/6/13 at 7:08pmDidn't work my way through the whole thread. Had quite a few as young man, but don't like 'em today. To me they look stuffy, costume-ish and old-mannish (which may sound amusing coming from me). Add a watch chain and you are totally in the realm of retro-costuming in my book.
Perhaps if I lived in a colder clime, I would feel more attracted to the 3-piece. Anyway, just my $.02, and that's about all it's worth.post #216 of 3295/6/13 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by JLibourel
Didn't work my way through the whole thread. Had quite a few as young man, but don't like 'em today. To me they look stuffy, costume-ish and old-mannish (which may sound amusing coming from me). Add a watch chain and you are totally in the realm of retro-costuming in my book.
Perhaps if I lived in a colder clime, I would feel more attracted to the 3-piece. Anyway, just my $.02, and that's about all it's worth.
How old are you?post #217 of 3295/6/13 at 9:34pmpost #218 of 3295/6/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by MisterFu
A BB MTM (Golden Fleece full canvas) will probably still last that long. Hell, even my cheaper half fused BB suits (from the bad days of Marks & Spencer owned BB) have lasted 20+ years and still look great (and I'll stand by my assertion that the current post Marks and Spencer era BB stuff is much improved quality wise).
BB suits from 20 years ago were better quality than what they offer now, so you probably shouldn't use those for comparison. The products that they sell today (incuding Golden Fleece) are just overpriced and mediocre. People over-estimate the quality because of the name-recognition and history.post #219 of 3295/8/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
It is my case. i use matching vest in order to prevent the tie shows bellow the jacket. and i am young.post #220 of 3295/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #221 of 3295/9/13 at 1:44pmpost #222 of 3295/9/13 at 2:29pmpost #223 of 3295/9/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
I actually saw that nonsense on a cheap vest being advertised somewhere (a fake pocket watch chain) recently. I had no idea they were doing the same thing back then.
I wear a pocket watch mainly because wrist watches have always physically bothered me (I don't like having something strapped to my wrist, hell I don't like wearing any kind of jewelry, which annoys my wife as I don't wear my wedding band 80% of the time). I am a little embarrassed to say that I don't even own a wrist watch, only a couple of pocket watches. The watch I wear most has a relatively narrow gold chain so as not to call too much attention to itself. I have seen some hipster types recently wearing pocket watch chains that look like they could hold a boat anchor on the other end.post #224 of 3295/9/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Heh... I wore a navy suit with a linen white vest just the other day - didn't look all that different than what you have on in that picture.
- Why no love for the three piece suit?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Runs Around The World in 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Cigars 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 16 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 22 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)