Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Phineas Cole Suit - Blue Pinstripe 38 / 32 Last post on 6/4/13 at 10:02pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BBBF Suits versus Paul Stuart Suits? Last post on 12/5/12 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart Custom? Last post on 6/30/15 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Today
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Why no love for the three piece suit? - Page 15post #211 of 3295/5/13 at 10:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 3295/5/13 at 11:34pmpost #213 of 3295/6/13 at 9:50amQuote:
A BB MTM (Golden Fleece full canvas) will probably still last that long. Hell, even my cheaper half fused BB suits (from the bad days of Marks & Spencer owned BB) have lasted 20+ years and still look great (and I'll stand by my assertion that the current post Marks and Spencer era BB stuff is much improved quality wise).post #214 of 3295/6/13 at 11:14ampost #215 of 3295/6/13 at 7:08pmDidn't work my way through the whole thread. Had quite a few as young man, but don't like 'em today. To me they look stuffy, costume-ish and old-mannish (which may sound amusing coming from me). Add a watch chain and you are totally in the realm of retro-costuming in my book.
Perhaps if I lived in a colder clime, I would feel more attracted to the 3-piece. Anyway, just my $.02, and that's about all it's worth.post #216 of 3295/6/13 at 8:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by JLibourel
Didn't work my way through the whole thread. Had quite a few as young man, but don't like 'em today. To me they look stuffy, costume-ish and old-mannish (which may sound amusing coming from me). Add a watch chain and you are totally in the realm of retro-costuming in my book.
Perhaps if I lived in a colder clime, I would feel more attracted to the 3-piece. Anyway, just my $.02, and that's about all it's worth.
How old are you?post #217 of 3295/6/13 at 9:34pmpost #218 of 3295/6/13 at 9:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by MisterFu
A BB MTM (Golden Fleece full canvas) will probably still last that long. Hell, even my cheaper half fused BB suits (from the bad days of Marks & Spencer owned BB) have lasted 20+ years and still look great (and I'll stand by my assertion that the current post Marks and Spencer era BB stuff is much improved quality wise).
BB suits from 20 years ago were better quality than what they offer now, so you probably shouldn't use those for comparison. The products that they sell today (incuding Golden Fleece) are just overpriced and mediocre. People over-estimate the quality because of the name-recognition and history.post #219 of 3295/8/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
It is my case. i use matching vest in order to prevent the tie shows bellow the jacket. and i am young.post #220 of 3295/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #221 of 3295/9/13 at 1:44pmpost #222 of 3295/9/13 at 2:29pmpost #223 of 3295/9/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
I actually saw that nonsense on a cheap vest being advertised somewhere (a fake pocket watch chain) recently. I had no idea they were doing the same thing back then.
I wear a pocket watch mainly because wrist watches have always physically bothered me (I don't like having something strapped to my wrist, hell I don't like wearing any kind of jewelry, which annoys my wife as I don't wear my wedding band 80% of the time). I am a little embarrassed to say that I don't even own a wrist watch, only a couple of pocket watches. The watch I wear most has a relatively narrow gold chain so as not to call too much attention to itself. I have seen some hipster types recently wearing pocket watch chains that look like they could hold a boat anchor on the other end.post #224 of 3295/9/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Heh... I wore a navy suit with a linen white vest just the other day - didn't look all that different than what you have on in that picture.
- Why no love for the three piece suit?
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 16 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 17 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...