or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AE: A Class Act
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AE: A Class Act - Page 2

post #16 of 42
Everyone always reminisces about the "old days" of SF (which I wasn't around for.) I would argue that the very best part of the olden days was Vox tearing threads like this THE FUCK UP
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McCord View Post
Perhaps you can give examples of world class manufacturers that produce products with zero defects.
I believe it's called "cooking the books"
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
Yes it is. I have worked in manufacturing directly and as a consultant. 100% quality is the goal of world class manufacturing. Anything less is unacceptable and denotes a flaw in the process. Read up on Lean Manufacturing/TPS and Six Sigma.

Many people (myself included) have made a good living in this field.

bolded for importance. of course it's the goal of every company to have 0 defects, but you know no company is defect free.
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
bolded for importance. of course it's the goal of every company to have 0 defects, but you know no company is defect free.
You sir are correct. A "world class manufacturer" would have zero defects. Since there is no such thing, it is what all manufacturers should strive for. On a side note, I purchased my first and last pair of Florsheims that fell apart after 2 months. The factory said that there was nothing they could do about it.
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson McCord View Post
Perhaps you can give examples of world class manufacturers that produce products with zero defects.

The Dabbawallas of Mumbai are at almost zero defects.

Anyway, back on topic, it's nice that the OP had a good experience. However, the implication that AE went above and beyond is not as credible.............this is what one should expect from them.

They did nothing differently for the OP than what they would/should do for others.
post #21 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
The Dabbawallas of Mumbai are at almost zero defects.

Anyway, back on topic, it's nice that the OP had a good experience. However, the implication that AE went above and beyond is not as credible.............this is what one should expect from them.

They did nothing differently for the OP than what they would/should do for others.

I don't think that was his implication.

I think he simply wanted to report a positive customer service experience, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days, especially on non-astronomical price/custom objects.

Furthermore, the company could have just fixed them or told him tough luck, but they provided a new pair, and did so more quickly than anticipated.

i think its thread worthy, and it makes me a bit more proud to wear my AEs knowing that they really take care of their customers.
post #22 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
I don't think that was his implication.

I think he simply wanted to report a positive customer service experience, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days, especially on non-astronomical price/custom objects.

Furthermore, the company could have just fixed them or told him tough luck, but they provided a new pair, and did so more quickly than anticipated.

i think its thread worthy, and it makes me a bit more proud to wear my AEs knowing that they really take care of their customers.

Yes, exactly. Both of these defects seemed to be minor fixes in my opinion, something $20 at a cobbler would have taken of. To be told replacements were in order, plus that they arrived way before the expressed delivery day made me appreciate their customer service more.
post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
I don't think that was his implication.

I think he simply wanted to report a positive customer service experience, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days, especially on non-astronomical price/custom objects.

Furthermore, the company could have just fixed them or told him tough luck, but they provided a new pair, and did so more quickly than anticipated.

i think its thread worthy, and it makes me a bit more proud to wear my AEs knowing that they really take care of their customers.

wow........people still fall for the old "under-promise and over-deliver" routine?

I'm glad you're happier after this thread was made...........what was your opinion on AE before?
post #24 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
wow........people still fall for the old "under-promise and over-deliver" routine?

I'm glad you're happier after this thread was made...........what was your opinion on AE before?

cut the bullshit.

stuff happens, sometimes you get a "lemon" that has some issues right out of the box. Happens to the best brands.

AE doesn't promise poor service and over deliver. many companies have just forgotten that to keep customers happy, some after the sale service must be necessary. Customer service flat out sucks.

I've always had good experiences, so perhaps I misspoke. Rephrased, this customer's experience simply reinforces my belief that AE knows how to deliver good customer service.
post #25 of 42
Maybe they can refund me for my Weybridges that hurt my feet every time I wear them for more than 2 hours.
post #26 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
cut the bullshit.

I think he meant that they quoted five weeks and produced the shoes at his doorstep within one week, which could very well be underpromise/overdeliver at play.
post #27 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
I think he meant that they quoted five weeks and produced the shoes at his doorstep within one week, which could very well be underpromise/overdeliver at play.

"Managing customer expectations" is an important part of good customer service.
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Maybe they can refund me for my Weybridges that hurt my feet every time I wear them for more than 2 hours.

Seeing as how you're size 9, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands
post #29 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGloger View Post
Seeing as how you're size 9, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands

I'll meet you at the corner of S. Central and 9th at 3am today. Come alone.
post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Maybe they can refund me for my Weybridges that hurt my feet every time I wear them for more than 2 hours.

Perhaps its simply not the right last for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
I think he meant that they quoted five weeks and produced the shoes at his doorstep within one week, which could very well be underpromise/overdeliver at play.

that could be, and if thats the case I apologize.

however, why would AE suggest that they don't have any in stock if they do. That would just result in a pissy customer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AE: A Class Act