• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best shoe with RL "Andrew" khaki colored pleated shorts

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to teh cookouts todeh! What shoes with these? Damned things are shorter than what I'm used to wearing!
pPOLO2-2458861_standard_v360x480.jpg
I have the white cloth d ring belt already but can change to leather if necessary (ugh). Also wearing a pastel turquoise Paul Stuart polo. Here's the choices. Nondescript boat shoes as pictured above. This, Sperrys with /without laces.
M0758755.jpg
AE Nashua in this colorway.
tumblr_lfqu18k1Ne1qcq36j.jpg
AE Capri (current choice but still with the white d ring?)
Shoes_iAEC1041720.jpg
Alfred Sargent
IMG_20110519_115326.jpg
DB
IMG_20110325_181845.jpg
Blue suede skaters...maybe not.
IMG_20110324_110943.jpg

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter, as with pleated khaki shorts - especially I you have skinny ankles and bandy legs that wouldn't stop a pig in a passage - you have already committed one of the most widespread and egregious fashion felonies possible among middle income white American males, so whatever shoes you wear are only going to augment the horror show.

Now if you were to wear some beige or khaki linen trousers with said polo, you would elevate yourself above that fray by orders of magnitude, regardless of your choice of shoe.

apolishedman

Reaction score
not sure that pleated shorts are the worst thing you could have purchased... the shorts actually look quite good on the model.

i'd personally go with the sperry canvas shoes, but the capris are a close second.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots with shorts?
facepalm.gif
I vote boat shoes. AE loafers would work as well.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
...Now if you were to wear some beige or khaki linen trousers with said polo, you would elevate yourself above that fray by orders of magnitude, regardless of your choice of shoe.
I'll bring a pair along based on my long history of inevitable food stainage.

Originally Posted by juvefan
DBs
While comfortable and somewhat stylish in a Brit soldier kind of way, I've decided they would be to matchy with the shorts.

Originally Posted by apolishedman
not sure that pleated shorts are the worst thing you could have purchased... the shorts actually look quite good on the model.

i'd personally go with the sperry canvas shoes, but the capris are a close second.

I'm sticking with the Capris. They've been working so far, today and will transition to Ian's choice of trou if needed.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
I'll bring a pair along based on my long history of inevitable food stainage.

While comfortable and somewhat stylish in a Brit soldier kind of way, I've decided they would be to matchy with the shorts.

I'm sticking with the Capris. They've been working so far, today and will transition to Ian's choice of trou if needed.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Please tell me you included those AS pit boots as a joke. You WERE joking, right?

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
return the pleated shorts and buy a FF pair?
I associate pleated shorts with middle age guys with a belly, with a polo shirt 2 sizes too big tucked in.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Digmenow, you're becoming the Cruiser of styleforum.
I don't know what that means.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Please tell me you included those AS pit boots as a joke. You WERE joking, right?
Um, right? Yeah...right!
Yes, the Sargents and the blue suede sneaks were for effect. Did it work?
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by dshin
return the pleated shorts and buy a FF pair?
I associate pleated shorts with middle age guys with a belly, with a polo shirt 2 sizes too big tucked in.

32 in waist and the polo is a medium. Hope it's good for you!

I'll try for a fit pic later.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh. No pics for Dig. Thunderboomers opened up just as I made it through the food line to the rib tray. BBQ Sauce splatters from the raindrops all over the Paul Stuart.
ffffuuuu.gif
Hadda change to the spare red Brooks Brothers 2 button polo. The moment had passed. The Capris rocked all day long though, even in the wet grass. I think the Sperry's would have been soaked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads