or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best shoe with RL "Andrew" khaki colored pleated shorts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best shoe with RL "Andrew" khaki colored pleated shorts

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Going to teh cookouts todeh! What shoes with these? Damned things are shorter than what I'm used to wearing! I have the white cloth d ring belt already but can change to leather if necessary (ugh). Also wearing a pastel turquoise Paul Stuart polo. Here's the choices. Nondescript boat shoes as pictured above. This, Sperrys with /without laces. AE Nashua in this colorway. AE Capri (current choice but still with the white d ring?) Alfred Sargent DB Blue suede skaters...maybe not.
post #2 of 11
It doesn't really matter, as with pleated khaki shorts - especially I you have skinny ankles and bandy legs that wouldn't stop a pig in a passage - you have already committed one of the most widespread and egregious fashion felonies possible among middle income white American males, so whatever shoes you wear are only going to augment the horror show.

Now if you were to wear some beige or khaki linen trousers with said polo, you would elevate yourself above that fray by orders of magnitude, regardless of your choice of shoe.
post #3 of 11
DBs
post #4 of 11
not sure that pleated shorts are the worst thing you could have purchased... the shorts actually look quite good on the model.

i'd personally go with the sperry canvas shoes, but the capris are a close second.
post #5 of 11
Boots with shorts? I vote boat shoes. AE loafers would work as well.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
...Now if you were to wear some beige or khaki linen trousers with said polo, you would elevate yourself above that fray by orders of magnitude, regardless of your choice of shoe.
I'll bring a pair along based on my long history of inevitable food stainage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvefan View Post
DBs
While comfortable and somewhat stylish in a Brit soldier kind of way, I've decided they would be to matchy with the shorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolishedman View Post
not sure that pleated shorts are the worst thing you could have purchased... the shorts actually look quite good on the model.

i'd personally go with the sperry canvas shoes, but the capris are a close second.

I'm sticking with the Capris. They've been working so far, today and will transition to Ian's choice of trou if needed.

I love it when a plan comes together.
post #7 of 11
Digmenow, you're becoming the Cruiser of styleforum.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
I'll bring a pair along based on my long history of inevitable food stainage.


While comfortable and somewhat stylish in a Brit soldier kind of way, I've decided they would be to matchy with the shorts.



I'm sticking with the Capris. They've been working so far, today and will transition to Ian's choice of trou if needed.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Please tell me you included those AS pit boots as a joke. You WERE joking, right?
post #9 of 11
return the pleated shorts and buy a FF pair? I associate pleated shorts with middle age guys with a belly, with a polo shirt 2 sizes too big tucked in.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Digmenow, you're becoming the Cruiser of styleforum.
I don't know what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
Please tell me you included those AS pit boots as a joke. You WERE joking, right?
Um, right? Yeah...right!
Yes, the Sargents and the blue suede sneaks were for effect. Did it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin View Post
return the pleated shorts and buy a FF pair?
I associate pleated shorts with middle age guys with a belly, with a polo shirt 2 sizes too big tucked in.

32 in waist and the polo is a medium. Hope it's good for you!

I'll try for a fit pic later.
post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Meh. No pics for Dig. Thunderboomers opened up just as I made it through the food line to the rib tray. BBQ Sauce splatters from the raindrops all over the Paul Stuart. Hadda change to the spare red Brooks Brothers 2 button polo. The moment had passed. The Capris rocked all day long though, even in the wet grass. I think the Sperry's would have been soaked.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best shoe with RL "Andrew" khaki colored pleated shorts