or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › US measurement system,i don't get it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

US measurement system,i don't get it. - Page 2

post #16 of 102
A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.
post #17 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ed Harris View Post
A quick word.

It's the British Imperial measurements system you're describing and we invented it to confuse all you silly foreigners.

i know that 14lbs are in a stone motherfucker!

wait... is that right?
post #18 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
do you realize the amount of jobs having two system creates? its why amerika is number one bitch!

Who tells you to have two systems?have one system,metric.Americans.........
post #19 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post
Who tells you to have two systems?have one system,metric.Americans.........

but then the jobs will go away...

in before DT conversion.
post #20 of 102
We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.
post #21 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post
No offense but i don't get your games,i don't watch football(soccer) as well,but baseball,football is just...i don't get what's going on there,srsly.

Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?
post #22 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
We have the Imperial system because we aren't a country full of sissies and faggots. That's why.

+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.
post #23 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
+1

We decided to keep the measurement system but drop the monarch, rather than vice versa. I say it worked out pretty well for us.

neo would say otherwise
post #24 of 102
While we are on the subject of the unconventional:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post
much more better
post #25 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post
for example in US measurement system

Techincally I believe it's the Imperial system ... as in British ... not American.

At least money in America is base ten. You should have tried living in England before Decimal Day on 15 February 1971. Prior to decimalisation the pound was divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 (old) pence; thus there were 240 (old) pence to the pound.

Personally I think we use it because it takes a bit of thinking. Who wants something so easy that everyone knows it well.
post #26 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post
Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.
post #27 of 102
Think of American football like a chess game between the two coaches. Except the pieces are big and stupid and rarely do as ordered
post #28 of 102
Quote:
Yet another reason to make fun of stupid americans. Liberia, myanmar and the united states are the only countries in the world that haven't converted to the metric system. What a stupid fucking country hahaha.
because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?
Quote:
No offense but i don't get your games,i don't watch football(soccer) as well,but baseball,football is just...i don't get what's going on there,srsly.
Quote:
American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?
i'm with you on baseball, but football is a thinking man's game.
post #29 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post
Who tells you to have two systems?have one system,metric.Americans.........

If you want to pay to replace all the machinery, tools, street signs, motor vehicles, textbooks, scales, thermometers, gauges, kitchen appliances, fuel pumps, milk jugs, etc in the entire United States that aren't in metric, feel free.
post #30 of 102
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post
Baseball I can understand why you don't get what's going on. It's just a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing.

American football, is a bunch of guys wearing padding hitting each other while turning their brain to mush by giving each other concussions. What's not to like about that?

This vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post
I get why people don't understand it. There is literally about 10-15 minutes of on field play in 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but I can see how it's forbidding if you are an outsider. The rules are pretty complex and so is the strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaalbara View Post
because it's a super easy task to switch an entire country of 300 million to a different measuring system, right?

Many countries did,in fact only 3 did not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › US measurement system,i don't get it.