• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on this: www.ibcareerpath.com

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got accepted into this program, not sure how hard it is to get accepted. But it looks interesting, offers a 2-3 month internship and could be the kick off to a job.

www.ibcareerpath.com

It is around $5,000 for the class and the internships and is located in New York.

Has anyone done something like this before (I know Anex is an alternative, have not heard back from them yet)?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Is this you? http://www.reddit.com/r/finance/comm...g_heard_of_it/
nope, my Reddit username is Saturdays I'm sure more people are learning of this since I saw this online earlier this week A lot of people think its a scam because they don't list the partnering firm. They do, however; the partnering firm is Dalmore Group on 11 Broadway. The person in charge was very helpful over the phone. I wouldn't explicitly say on my Resume that I have paid for a course and internship in Investment Banking, but I would say that I interned at Dalmore Group and include my experiences and what I have learned.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^People know about this ****. They will know that you paid 5k for an "internship", then 3k for housing in NY, then another 1.5k on food and drink. All in all you spent 10k to have either nothing worth 10k on your resume or to be ridiculed in the office. Unless you have NOTHING ELSE related to IB at all on your resume and its your junior year, I would stay far far away.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
^People know about this ****. They will know that you paid 5k for an "internship", then 3k for housing in NY, then another 1.5k on food and drink. All in all you spent 10k to have either nothing worth 10k on your resume or to be ridiculed in the office. Unless you have NOTHING ELSE related to IB at all on your resume and its your junior year, I would stay far far away.

Junior year..
laugh.gif

I graduated May 2010. I don't even have a career outlook anymore, I feel as if this is my best option.
How would anyone know if I do not tell them I did this? I would refrain from ever mentioning that I paid for courses+internship in Investment Banking.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paying for an internship tells employers you're not good enough to land a normal internship like everyone else.

If you haven't broken in to investment banking yet, the ship has sailed. Throwing your money away won't make it come back.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Paying for an internship tells employers you're not good enough to land a normal internship like everyone else.

If you haven't broken in to investment banking yet, the ship has sailed. Throwing your money away won't make it come back.

Okay, but if i have been applying for internships and full time jobs since before graduation until now (September 2009 to June 30 2011) nearly two years in a few months... and graduated in May 2010, wtf am i supposed to do.
Why would anyone even know that I paid unless I explicitly tell them that I did, I don't have to tell them I paid for an internship.

I'm not trying to justify it in my head as much as bounce this idea and get a better understanding, i'm also frustrated with my job search at this point.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
Okay, but if i have been applying for internships and full time jobs since before graduation until now (September 2009 to June 30 2011) nearly two years in a few months... and graduated in May 2010, wtf am i supposed to do.
Why would anyone even know that I paid unless I explicitly tell them that I did, I don't have to tell them I paid for an internship.

I'm not trying to justify it in my head as much as bounce this idea and get a better understanding, i'm also frustrated with my job search at this point.

Keep on truckin' then. And maybe aim a little lower than IB or MBB consulting?

Optimistic

Reaction score
Obviously a scam... lol...
Only way in if you've already graduated is through an MBA program... or work hard and look like a star... preferably in a company that offers laterals to Investment Banking... would be a joke to work as an analyst... Investment Banking isn't that great... leave it to the kids who grew up in lala land and don't understand 99% of the population/world... they want prestige... not hard work/intelligence... it's white collar pimping... a real man would try to sell their soul to the actual Devil; would suck to sell your soul to an impostor

prestige
prestige
prestige

kasper007

Reaction score

I know it might sound crazy, but there are other jobs on the market. There are probably over 1000 unsuccessful applicants for every new grad getting an IB job, you are one of the unlucky one. as someone said before, the ship has sailed, try to get some experience elsewhere, aim for a top MBA school and maybe you'll have better luck then

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Optimistic
Obviously a scam... lol...
Only way in if you've already graduated is through an MBA program... or work hard and look like a star... preferably in a company that offers laterals to Investment Banking... would be a joke to work as an analyst... Investment Banking isn't that great... leave it to the kids who grew up in lala land and don't understand 99% of the population/world... they want prestige... not hard work/intelligence... it's white collar pimping... a real man would try to sell their soul to the actual Devil; would suck to sell your soul to an impostor

prestige
prestige
prestige

So opening up your own high end boutique isnt la la land?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am applying for all kinds of jobs, trust me. I apply for public affair jobs in DC and supply chain jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren... my degree is in Finance, so I apply to finance positions as well and my interest generally lies there...

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am applying for all kinds of jobs, trust me. I apply for public affair jobs in DC and supply chain jobs at Polo Ralph Lauren... my degree is in Finance, so I apply to finance positions as well and my interest generally lies there...

You're applying for jobs that are only slightly easier to land than an IB gig.

You need to set some reasonable objectives here. Try to get into a F500 company in an entry level role and go from there. I think that you left school with an unrealistic view of the job market and your own worth and that has narrowed your search for unemployment considerably.

supyrk

Reaction score
Hey, I just sent you a message on reddit, but it seems like you go on this forum more. Anyway, I'm the guy who made that post on reddit. Let me know if you're interested in discussing this. I've done a lot of research.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by supyrk
Hey, I just sent you a message on reddit, but it seems like you go on this forum more. Anyway, I'm the guy who made that post on reddit. Let me know if you're interested in discussing this. I've done a lot of research.

I am just haven't checked reddit since then sorry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads