or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NFL 2011/2012 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion - Page 146

post #2176 of 2217
yeah i saw that earlier. outrageous IMO. talking about concussions etc. what a fucking douche. can't be good for payton's appeal hearing today either, as he obviously was in the room for this sort of thing.
post #2177 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

yeah i saw that earlier. outrageous IMO. talking about concussions etc. what a fucking douche. can't be good for payton's appeal hearing today either, as he obviously was in the room for this sort of thing.

First, I read a comment from the filmmaker who said that as far as he knew Peyton wasn't in the room for it.

Second, I don't think it matters. As the head coach he has to be held accountable for the actions of his staff. Perhaps not indefinitely banned from the league, but certainly suspended.
post #2178 of 2217
What a major league asshole.
post #2179 of 2217
Yeah, he's definitely not returning to the NFL anytime soon.
post #2180 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Silver View Post

Yeah, he's definitely not returning to the NFL anytime soon.

I don't think he will ever come back, they will permanently ban him after this. I hope he doesn't end up in ESPN either.
post #2181 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Silver View Post

Yeah, he's definitely not returning to the NFL anytime soon.

I don't think he will ever come back, they will permanently ban him after this. I hope he doesn't end up in ESPN either.
His days in the NFL are over forever, even as a commentator on ESPN or any other network, and rightly so. He's finished!
post #2182 of 2217
post #2183 of 2217
Quote:
An understatement, to say the least.
post #2184 of 2217
i love how this is Mike Shanahan's espn profile pic. Lucifer walketh among us

30025.jpg
post #2185 of 2217
Anyone excited about the draft tonight? It's a sign of how dominant professional football is that its draft is televised in prime time and will outdraw a lot of actual sporting events.
post #2186 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

Anyone excited about the draft tonight? It's a sign of how dominant professional football is that its draft is televised in prime time and will outdraw a lot of actual sporting events.

I got it on my DVR as I'll probably be working late tonight. The NFL Draft is always the one draft I always watch. I never really cared for the NBA draft. I only watched the lottery held during the playoffs. Baseball doesn't make a big deal of their draft and I was never a big hockey fan.
post #2187 of 2217
Who the fuck watches the draft? I just see what teams picked which people the next day.
post #2188 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

I got it on my DVR as I'll probably be working late tonight. The NFL Draft is always the one draft I always watch. I never really cared for the NBA draft. I only watched the lottery held during the playoffs. Baseball doesn't make a big deal of their draft and I was never a big hockey fan.

That's the way to go. You won't have to deal with the 15 minutes of garbage between picks. All I want to hear between picks is the interview with the draftee. I'll have 5 months to hear all about their strengths and weaknesses heading into the season.
post #2189 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Who the fuck watches the draft? I just see what teams picked which people the next day.

I don't get the whole draft-industrial complex. There's months of analysis beforehand, a multi-day spectacle of picks, then analysis afterwards. I basically just look at the list of picks the day after, see who came out from my alma mater, who went to my favorite teams, then read a few analysis of the picks made. Why would I care about some idiot at ESPN trying to predict who goes where in March?
post #2190 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I don't get the whole draft-industrial complex. There's months of analysis beforehand, a multi-day spectacle of picks, then analysis afterwards. I basically just look at the list of picks the day after, see who came out from my alma mater, who went to my favorite teams, then read a few analysis of the picks made. Why would I care about some idiot at ESPN trying to predict who goes where in March?

Media money. Hype it up, make it a big deal, cash checks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NFL 2011/2012 Discussion