or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NFL 2011/2012 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion - Page 114

post #1696 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Making a move for Peyton Manning would set the Ravens franchise back for 3-5 years. It's the kind of thing only the Raiders would pull.
I get that it seems at times like Flacco is not on Brady's level. And obviously he is not. But he is good enough to win a Super Bowl, particularly when complemented by other parts of the puzzle. Hell, he should have won that game yesterday - he got no help from a few of his receivers.
But benching your burgeoning young star, who's been good enough to get you to 4 straight postseasons, for a high-risk gamble like Manning, that could fail for any variety of reasons from health to offensive system to surrounding personnel, would divide the locker room and the fan base. It would send a counterproductive message (we're mortgaging the future to win today, and not even a particularly sound mortgage at that). If Manning got hurt after 2 games and Flacco had to come back in, where would that leave you?
It'd be a ridiculously bad move. Bisciotti would never let that happen. He's a better people manager than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

as last night proved flacco can have good games.. and the ravnes can still lose. frown.gif

oh look at all the truthiness. thats basically what i wanted to add to the convo, but you guys beat me to it.
post #1697 of 2217
Am I wrong to want a giant tornado to destroy Indianapolis' stadium during the Super Bowl to prevent either of these wretched teams from winning?
post #1698 of 2217
who's smugger, a giants fan or a pats fan?
post #1699 of 2217
This is a joke I usually reserve for Yankees-Red Sox games, but....

at this year's Super Bowl, you know who I'll be rooting for?

Al Qaeda.
post #1700 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

who's smugger, a giants fan or a pats fan?

i say pats fan.
post #1701 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Am I wrong to want a giant tornado to destroy Indianapolis' stadium during the Super Bowl to prevent either of these wretched teams from winning?

Yes, those are evil thoughts devil.gif You know, some of us live in Indianapolis. nod[1].gif
post #1702 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i say pats fan.

I see you that, and I raise you this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

FUCK YOU HATERS LETS GO G MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
BIG BLUEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU NAYSAYERS
FUCK BRADY
SUCK A DICK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

youareanobody.
fuckyou.
(myspacekeyisntworking,complainaboutthattoowhileyoureatit)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

yourmotherisawhore
post #1703 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Making a move for Peyton Manning would set the Ravens franchise back for 3-5 years. It's the kind of thing only the Raiders would pull.
I get that it seems at times like Flacco is not on Brady's level. And obviously he is not. But he is good enough to win a Super Bowl, particularly when complemented by other parts of the puzzle. Hell, he should have won that game yesterday - he got no help from a few of his receivers.
But benching your burgeoning young star, who's been good enough to get you to 4 straight postseasons, for a high-risk gamble like Manning, that could fail for any variety of reasons from health to offensive system to surrounding personnel, would divide the locker room and the fan base. It would send a counterproductive message (we're mortgaging the future to win today, and not even a particularly sound mortgage at that). If Manning got hurt after 2 games and Flacco had to come back in, where would that leave you?
It'd be a ridiculously bad move. Bisciotti would never let that happen. He's a better people manager than that.

I think you're overreaching on Flacco. He's decent but I don't think he'll ever be a star. If this were basketball or baseball, I would say a go for it and mortgage the future for the chance to win a title now. But in football this rarely works out and there are too many other variables that gets in the way.
post #1704 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

I see you that, and I raise you this:

you sir make an excellent point. i very well may reconsider my stance. fuck em all.
post #1705 of 2217
classy
post #1706 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybear View Post

FUCK YOU HATERS LETS GO G MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
BIG BLUEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU NAYSAYERS
FUCK BRADY
SUCK A DICK!

Classy post
post #1707 of 2217
As much as Patriots may want 'revenge, I think Giants are on a great roll and have a defense playing very well. They have more weapons on offense and they get way more pressure on QB than Patriots do. Giants won regular season match up and are healthier now. Plus, I think their run through NFC was tougher than Patriots through AFC.
post #1708 of 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

who's smugger, a giants fan or a pats fan?

Trick question. A Packer's fan.

teacha.gif
post #1709 of 2217
I know, I know, there's not much love out there for Ray Lewis, but this guy does have a knack for leading men. I'm ready to go do something positive after this little pep talk, allegedly from right after the game the other day.
post #1710 of 2217
i can just sense it in the bay area throughout my commute and lunch, everyone is so bummed lol frown.gif

and it was funny sort of because everyone was decked out in red for chinese new year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NFL 2011/2012 Discussion