or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Hr phone interview with PWC any advice or tips?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hr phone interview with PWC any advice or tips? - Page 2

post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 
update: She spoke to a partner tonight who gave in her resume (family friend) he basically echoed most people here about being personable and brushing up on the company itself.
He said after the phone interview there are hundreds of people who come down for a first round of live interviews and only a select few are chosen for a position. This is an entry level position for an audit job, so my new question is anyone know a way to beat the odds for an entry level position?
A few quick facts, my wife never interned out of college,it was 2008 and we know about the economic downturn, so she took a bookkeeping job and focused on the CPA, which she passed in 6 months. Looking for a public accounting job ever since so this is her first real "break".
post #17 of 28
what location is this? i have a couple of friends working there
post #18 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice86x View Post
what location is this? i have a couple of friends working there

nyc
post #19 of 28
Will you be ok with her coming home late every night?
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post
Will you be ok with her coming home late every night?

I know it comes with the territory, but she's gotten this far, graduating school,deans list, passing the cpa etc. we are ready for the crazy hours.
post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post
I know it comes with the territory, but she's gotten this far, graduating school,deans list, passing the cpa etc. we are ready for the crazy hours.

I'm guessing no plans for children any time soon? Audit and Tax hours are outrageous during busy season.

Perhaps she can consider Advisory.
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post
I'm guessing no plans for children any time soon? Audit and Tax hours are outrageous during busy season.

Perhaps she can consider Advisory.

been there done that (my boys can swim!)
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post
been there done that (my boys can swim!)

That's fantastic! Just wanted to give you a heads up cause I when I joined, I expected change...but damn...some days can get nuts.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post
That's fantastic! Just wanted to give you a heads up cause I when I joined, I expected change...but damn...some days can get nuts.

"ITT: post your latest night in the audit room"

5:30am (back at work at 8am)
post #25 of 28
1:30am. Came back the next day at 8:30am.
post #26 of 28
I recently went through the entire recruitment procedure at a big4 firm, although this was for a transaction advisory services position. The thing that I feel they're looking for the most is, as mentioned before, your wilingness and capacity to work long and hard. On the other hand, I felt I scored well on them asking: So why our big4 firm, and not one of the other 3? Make sure she prepares a solid answer for that one. The work is generally quite similar among big4s, so maybe focus on the people working there, the culture, etc.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberts View Post

I recently went through the entire recruitment procedure at a big4 firm, although this was for a transaction advisory services position. The thing that I feel they're looking for the most is, as mentioned before, your wilingness and capacity to work long and hard. On the other hand, I felt I scored well on them asking: So why our big4 firm, and not one of the other 3? Make sure she prepares a solid answer for that one. The work is generally quite similar among big4s, so maybe focus on the people working there, the culture, etc.


Hi,

 

Thank very much for your comment. It help me to think about for my ideals.

 

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: PwC interview questions

 

Tks again and pls keep posting.


Edited by chu082011 - 3/5/12 at 9:58pm
post #28 of 28

Dear friends

 

Thanks for sharing. I like Hr phone interview with PWC any advice or tips

very much.

 

Very useful for me.

 

Rgs

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Hr phone interview with PWC any advice or tips?