or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Girlfriend/Boyfriend Husband/Wife gift you have ever received or given?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Girlfriend/Boyfriend Husband/Wife gift you have ever received or given?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
In light of the holiday season, I'm looking around for ideas for my gf. What's the scoop on the best gift you've ever given? Expensive? Inexpensive?

Let's hear it!
post #2 of 28
designed a ring and got it made at a jewellers...turned out great and its permanently on her hand now. so...something I spent on, and seeing it used every day is..just awesome
post #3 of 28
custom-made jewelry - earrings, bracelets, necklaces - no ring (yet) though
post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
designed a ring and got it made at a jewellers...turned out great and its permanently on her hand now. so...something I spent on, and seeing it used every day is..just awesome
I did that for a 2 year anniversary. Man was I sorry after we broke up.
post #5 of 28
My super crazy ex (who threatened suicide as a deterrant when i mentioned breaking up)

Got me a mini Ka-Bar in the black satin finish and rubberized handle.

She stuck it under the windshield wiper on my car and left it there for me to "discover" in the morning.

Beautiful knife though. I felt terrible pawning it a couple years later.
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
My super crazy ex (who threatened suicide as a deterrant when i mentioned breaking up)

Got me a mini Ka-Bar in the black satin finish and rubberized handle.

She stuck it under the windshield wiper on my car and left it there for me to "discover" in the morning.

Beautiful knife though. I felt terrible pawning it a couple years later.
"A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?" At least your crazy ex had taste. My crazy ex got me a bottle of caramel and a can of whipped cream which her mom picked out for me and wrapped. Oh, and a poetry anthology. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
My super crazy ex (who threatened suicide as a deterrant when i mentioned breaking up)

Got me a mini Ka-Bar in the black satin finish and rubberized handle.

She stuck it under the windshield wiper on my car and left it there for me to "discover" in the morning.

Beautiful knife though. I felt terrible pawning it a couple years later.

At least she didn't stick it in you.


And whodini, I think all men have made that mistake once in their life. I bought a girl a diamond pendant and after I stopped seeing her I could only wonder wtf i was thinking. The next piece of jewelery that I buy for a woman will be an engagement ring.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
My super crazy ex (who threatened suicide as a deterrant when i mentioned breaking up)

Been there too, Bought that crazy bitch a 92 VW GTi that I fixed up and tuned (to my liking) for christmas one year. She drove it once... right into a snow bank and vowed to not drive it again. Sold the car a bit later and turned a profit, too bad that went towards her next car (that she bought with my help...)

She would always make threats and say "I would die without you, because I would kill myself" Being a nice guy I would sacrifice a lot of myself to just A) Shut her up/make her stop bitching B)make her stop crying C) make her not kill herself. I wanted to end it for a long time but I figured she would do something stupid like come to my work and blow her brains out (or kill me in my sleep one of the few nights I stayed in my guest room before I moved out)
When I finally broke up with her she did cut herself up pretty good, I found the pictures when I was deleting pics of me off of her digicam when I was grabbing my last bit of stuff from the appartment. Best part of all my new girlfriend (who is litterally less than half the woman my ex was *BURN!*) called me when I was over there, the ex was litterally Angry with Rage that I had dumped her for (after a while of partying ever night) a hot tiny little Japanese girl. In the last year the ex has tried commiting suicide a total of 5 times (2 times in one day even)
post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
At least she didn't stick it in you.


And whodini, I think all men have made that mistake once in their life. I bought a girl a diamond pendant and after I stopped seeing her I could only wonder wtf i was thinking. The next piece of jewelery that I buy for a woman will be an engagement ring.
Yeah, lesson learned. My ex vowed to kill herself if she ever found out I got married. Punchline: A few months back she sent me an email asking if we could be friends again. You know, now that she's married.
post #10 of 28
I got my gf these little things thus far: 1) From Target - a snowglobe where you put a picture inside of it. 2) Lotta Luv 10pk candy flavored lip balms (broads go crazy for these) --> available at QVC.com * 0.15 oz Pop Tarts frosted blueberry lip balm * 0.15 oz Kissables chocolate lip balm * 0.15 oz Jr. Mints chocolate mint lip balm * 0.15 oz Twizzlers cherry lip balm * 0.15 oz Bubble Yum cotton candy lip balm * 0.15 oz Jelly Belly chocolate pudding lip balm * 0.15 oz Nestle Crunch chocolate crunch lip balm * 0.15 oz Sweet Hearts lemon lip balm * 0.15 oz Butterfinger peanut crunch lip balm * 0.15 oz Jolly Rancher watermelon lip balm 3) That Victoria Beckham style book This is the best stuff for me b/c it's the only holiday gifts I've given for girls. Usually I breakup around Thanksgiving b/c once the holidays hit, it gets too serious.
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity
I got my gf these little things thus far: 1) From Target - a snowglobe where you put a picture inside of it. 2) Lotta Luv 10pk candy flavored lip balms (broads go crazy for these) --> available at QVC.com * 0.15 oz Pop Tarts frosted blueberry lip balm * 0.15 oz Kissables chocolate lip balm * 0.15 oz Jr. Mints chocolate mint lip balm * 0.15 oz Twizzlers cherry lip balm * 0.15 oz Bubble Yum cotton candy lip balm * 0.15 oz Jelly Belly chocolate pudding lip balm * 0.15 oz Nestle Crunch chocolate crunch lip balm * 0.15 oz Sweet Hearts lemon lip balm * 0.15 oz Butterfinger peanut crunch lip balm * 0.15 oz Jolly Rancher watermelon lip balm 3) That Victoria Beckham style book This is the best stuff for me b/c it's the only holiday gifts I've given for girls. Usually I breakup around Thanksgiving b/c once the holidays hit, it gets too serious.
Damn...#2 just gave me a great idea for x-mas. Thanks.
post #12 of 28
Haha.. I think pretty much the only stuff I'm willing to buy is jewelery. Otherwise I end up spending a lot more on smaller (but still expensive) gifts. The jewelery seems to have better value to me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
And whodini, I think all men have made that mistake once in their life. I bought a girl a diamond pendant and after I stopped seeing her I could only wonder wtf i was thinking. The next piece of jewelery that I buy for a woman will be an engagement ring.
post #13 of 28
So we got some bitter men on here... Ha the best gift I ever got from a boyfriend..... It was Christmas and he had this really light feeling box... I opened it and it was an empty tissue box... I was dumb founded... I laughed and said this is ummmm... Cause you make me cry a lot? He laughed and said no look inside there was a taco shell... I was like wow awesome but then written on the side it said in red sharpie Cozumel... A trip for us all inclusive 5 days to Cozumel awesome... That year I got him concert tickets and really close 50 yard line football tickets... As for the next year I rented out an awesome cabin with a hot tub outside three rooms with jet whirlpool tubs and a fire pit in the living room... It's Branson but less expensive I asked his two best friends to take off those days... Put a lot of clues in his stocking that represented each friend and what not. So they had a guys 3 day weekend go karting went zip inning and to museums and chilled in the hot tub they all loved it. He got me a Victoria secret gift card which is the best gift just sayin for both parties involved and a really nice peacoat. He also has gotten me concert tickets and baseball tickets. I took him to jamaica and I got him the lamp from Christmas story... To all the men out there stop buying jewelry buy something both of you can enjoy like a trip or Victoria secret gift card or a game system, tickets... Something both of you can enjoy... That way you never feel bitter about it.... Jewelry is really overrated. Check out even a hotel getaway... Like the Chateau Avalon... Good luck!
post #14 of 28
Who are these people?
post #15 of 28
Porsche Cayman for wife 2008 for Christmas.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Girlfriend/Boyfriend Husband/Wife gift you have ever received or given?