or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ande Whall Denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ande Whall Denim - Page 5

post #61 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Oh man, that sucks. I get the customizations thing, but I feel like $195 is a weird pricepoint. It's more expensive than APC's, making these less attractive as "entry-level" dry jeans. And after APC's it seems like a lot of people want to jump straight to seriously good Japanese denim.
Ande Whall's aren't "entry-level," they're "next-level." The construction of AW is better than any Japanese denim I've come across except for maybe Somet. And the cone mills denim he uses now is pretty damn nice too. At $195, AW might be the most honestly priced jean available.
post #62 of 850
I have a pair of apc and ande whall and the AWs are much nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Oh man, that sucks. I get the customizations thing, but I feel like $195 is a weird pricepoint. It's more expensive than APC's, making these less attractive as "entry-level" dry jeans. And after APC's it seems like a lot of people want to jump straight to seriously good Japanese denim.
post #63 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan View Post
Ande Whall's aren't "entry-level," they're "next-level."
The construction of AW is better than any Japanese denim I've come across except for maybe Somet. And the cone mills denim he uses now is pretty damn nice too. At $195, AW might be the most honestly priced jean available.

Oh, wow. I honestly didn't know they were that good. So would these be a much better buy than, say, Flat Heads or Imperials?

Also, I know it's off topic, but how hard would it be to replace the pocket linings on jeans with your own fabric? I rather like that idea...
post #64 of 850
Pocket linings are usually riveted on, so you can't easily replace them.
post #65 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Oh, wow. I honestly didn't know they were that good. So would these be a much better buy than, say, Flat Heads or Imperials?

Also, I know it's off topic, but how hard would it be to replace the pocket linings on jeans with your own fabric? I rather like that idea...

perhaps a step above imperials - i had a pair of imperials for a while and while they were nice, I was kind of kicking myself for not getting a pair of AW's because they seemed so much more detailed and interesting.

I think flat heads cater to a different kind of denim addiction (read: addiction), and they're at a different price point too.
post #66 of 850
ain't nothing entry level about ande whall jeans opr ande whall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Oh man, that sucks. I get the customizations thing, but I feel like $195 is a weird pricepoint. It's more expensive than APC's, making these less attractive as "entry-level" dry jeans. And after APC's it seems like a lot of people want to jump straight to seriously good Japanese denim.
post #67 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertorex View Post
perhaps a step above imperials - i had a pair of imperials for a while and while they were nice, I was kind of kicking myself for not getting a pair of AW's because they seemed so much more detailed and interesting. I think flat heads cater to a different kind of denim addiction (read: addiction), and they're at a different price point too.
Ande Whalls are pretty much superior to Imperial in every way. You're right about Flat Head though, they're apples and oranges. FH denim does have really nice fade properties though.
post #68 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertorex View Post
perhaps a step above imperials - i had a pair of imperials for a while and while they were nice, I was kind of kicking myself for not getting a pair of AW's because they seemed so much more detailed and interesting.

I think flat heads cater to a different kind of denim addiction (read: addiction), and they're at a different price point too.

Hmm... In what sense do FH and AW cater to different crowds?
post #69 of 850
I mean that flat head just has a different ethos to them as a jeans maker. They don't do necessarily for the best construction or toughest denim (although their construction is in every way quite superb). Their number one draw is the intense contrasting fade and character that their jeans develop over time. When you get a pair of Ande Whalls, you're paying for the personal attention to detail that ande puts into every one of his jeans, the meticulous blending of details (selvage flys and coinpockets, hidden rivets) and basically the ground-up made to order nature of his whole operation. I find it hard to explain, but evilgeniusdan gets it too. They just cater to different interests.
post #70 of 850
How do Ande Whalls compare to Skull jeans? Same sorta deal as the Flat Heads?
post #71 of 850
After reading through this thread, I'm getting the idea that AW are quite a bit better than APCs. I bought my first pair of dry denim about a month ago (Nudies SJDJ) and am loving everything about them...except that I bought them and not another brand. For my next pair of jeans, I was thinking about getting some APC NS both because of the price and "quality" that I've been reading about. Are the AW worth the additional ~$50?
post #72 of 850
^^ Yes, especially considering that APC are worth considerably less than their retail, and Ande Whall is worth considerably more than theirs.
post #73 of 850
I bought a pair of Ande Whall Rakers but they're too small (exchanging for Grifters) and they just sit on my desk taunting me. I haven't gotten to wear them yet (tried on once) but they look just amazing.
post #74 of 850
basically, when you buy AWs over APCs, you're getting: - personal attention to detail from ande - better denim - details like more selvage edges, hidden rivets, donut buttons, an actual leather patch - more fits - no stretch armstrong stretching (better denim x2) - a jean that the discerning hipster/hypebeast will NOT be wearing (seriously, I know kids who know nothing about denim starting to beast over APCs)
post #75 of 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
^^ Yes, especially considering that APC are worth considerably less than their retail, and Ande Whall is worth considerably more than theirs.
Correct.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ande Whall Denim