or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread - Page 27

post #391 of 407
This Saturday we’re celebrating our first year at Self Edge Portland with beers, a sale, and a Good Art Trunk Show. Come by and see our summer collections, enjoy a beer, and take a close look at Good Art’s jewelry and accessories!

post #392 of 407
In town for a few days. Thanks for all the recs. Got a reservation at Ned Ludd for Thursday. Will try to make it by Self Edge so that I will have visited all locations. Looking forward to seeing the new Winn Perry. Anything new that's must do/eat?
post #393 of 407
Great bar inside of a hotel on the 5th ish floor. Called "farm" something. Great drinks nice place to grab a drink that's refreshing and a bit out of the ordinary and also pleasant
post #394 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Great bar inside of a hotel on the 5th ish floor. Called "farm" something. Great drinks nice place to grab a drink that's refreshing and a bit out of the ordinary and also pleasant

What?
post #395 of 407
Must be talking about Urban Farmer in The Nines.
post #396 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post

What?
lol8[1].gif i barely could understand myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Must be talking about Urban Farmer in The Nines.
yes! thats the place!
post #397 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

In town for a few days. Thanks for all the recs. Got a reservation at Ned Ludd for Thursday. Will try to make it by Self Edge so that I will have visited all locations. Looking forward to seeing the new Winn Perry. Anything new that's must do/eat?

Must do? walk a trail in forrest park. Great fall vibes right now.
Hit some breweries ( commons, upright, breakside, gigantic, hair of the dog, ecliptic)

Eat? Ox
post #398 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

In town for a few days. Thanks for all the recs. Got a reservation at Ned Ludd for Thursday. Will try to make it by Self Edge so that I will have visited all locations. Looking forward to seeing the new Winn Perry. Anything new that's must do/eat?

If at Self Edge, check out the other shops at Union Way.
Check out Woodlands/TG. Lots more brands in there now.
Maurice, around the corner from Winn Perry is awesome, for lunch.

The Eater PDX site is pretty spot on w/ reccos these days...

Heart Coffee is excellent, and is nearby to a couple design/housewares shops: Alder & Co. and Canoe.
post #399 of 407
^ Awesome. Heart and Coava are on the list. I often forget that Eater isn't just SF. Will check it out. Thanks!
post #400 of 407
If Filson is your thing, the store here is pretty nice, and it's directly across the street from excellent coffee at Barista. @Mr. Six
post #401 of 407

When you're at Self-Edge/Union Way, right across the street is Clyde Common---great bar. But just around the corner and down a stairwell, they have a sister bar called Pepe le Moko that's also extremely good. On the east side, my favorite places to drink are Expatriate (which also has incredible food) and Angel Face.

 

I still stand by the vegetables at Ava Gene's as the single must-eat in Portland, if you can get in. Also go eat soup (and an iced Vietnamese coffee) for lunch at Ha&VL because it's the fucking best.

 

Heart and Coava are my coffee recommendations, too, but you've got that already!

post #402 of 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

When you're at Self-Edge/Union Way, right across the street is Clyde Common---great bar. But just around the corner and down a stairwell, they have a sister bar called Pepe le Moko that's also extremely good. On the east side, my favorite places to drink are Expatriate (which also has incredible food) and Angel Face.

I still stand by the vegetables at Ava Gene's as the single must-eat in Portland, if you can get in. Also go eat soup (and an iced Vietnamese coffee) for lunch at Ha&VL because it's the fucking best.

Heart and Coava are my coffee recommendations, too, but you've got that already!

+1 to all of this. Angel Face is awesome, if you can let yourself enjoy the whole no-drink-menu-we'll-make-you-something-awesome-just-tell-us-a-little-about-what-you-normally-like. This concept could fail so bad, but the bartenders there are fucking geniuses.
post #403 of 407
Nduja toast at ava genes is my favorite thing on the menu. Spreadable sausage on fire roasted bread.

I walked in angel face expecting some pretentious mustache twirler instead they nailed my vague drink requirements with a concoction called black gold. A potent digestif centered around amaros and fernets.
post #404 of 407
Lunch at Grüner was excellent. Tyler at Self Edge PDX was great to chat with and helped me size some Flat Heads. Wind is brutal today, tho!
post #405 of 407
Another Ava Gene supporter here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread