or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Source For Braided Belts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good Source For Braided Belts?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Is anyone currently making a nice braided belt? Brooks Brothers has a few, but they are not so casual.
post #2 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
Is anyone currently making a nice braided belt? Brooks Brothers has a few, but they are not so casual.

I have the same interest. Also, BB belts look like over-priced crap.
Macy's sells belt that look similar to BB for around $20. My Macy
belt fell apart after about a year.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Yeah, the BBs look overpriced.
I am also not a fan of the thickness on this BB
IMO a braided belt should be pretty thin.
post #4 of 18
Fossil & Nautica to name 2 brands. I have a Fossil 'maddox' woven belt that is very nice. A word of caution that not all braided or woven belts are created equally and also they are prone to stretching. The thin leather strips that make the braids are also prone to cracking or breaking. Make sure to apply a leather lotion or conditioner once every 2 months to maintain the leathers elasticity and strength. I would also recommend that whichever brand you go with, to remember never to fasten the belt too tightly, in fact a dash loose is even better to minimize stretching.
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post
A word of caution that not all braided or woven belts are created equally and also they are prone to stretching.
The thin leather strips that make the braids are also prone to cracking or breaking.
Make sure to apply a leather lotion or conditioner once every 2 months to maintain the leathers elasticity and strength.
I would also recommend that whichever brand you go with, to remember never to fasten the belt too tightly,
in fact a dash loose is even better to minimize stretching.

This is true. I have been through a few thrifted braided belts in the last 3 years. I don't like applying lotion or polish to belts. I am afraid it will stain my pants.
post #6 of 18
Dad and grandpa's hand-me-downs. Beaten up as hell.
post #7 of 18
in Japan, Isetan and other stores sell lovely ones from Whitehouse & Cox, but i can't find those belts online. shoulda bought one [/sigh].
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
I have the same interest. Also, BB belts look like over-priced crap.
Macy's sells belt that look similar to BB for around $20. My Macy
belt fell apart after about a year.

FWIW, I have the Brooks Brothers leather braided belt, for over three years. It's held up fine, without any particular care (no lotion, no nothing)

I would say your $20 Macy belt IS the definition of over-priced crap.
post #9 of 18
Sole Survivor just added some braided/woven belts, though they are bit rugged looking, more appropriate for wearing with denim.
http://www.leatherbelts.com/braided_...s_bebraid.html

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
^Good stuff. I like the first one.
post #11 of 18
Some braided belts are a bit silly because they have plain leather in the area with the holes so in the front it looks like a regular belt. But then again I'm not a fan of the ones that have a really sparse braid either. I really like how this Aspinal of London belt looks but I'm not ready to spend 90 euros on a belt. Will wait for some sort of sale on this (they have the black one for 45€ which is bearable). Maybe someone could recommend some other brand's belt that looks like this? I really like the tight weave and especially the end of the belt. Not to mention the color looks delicious.
post #12 of 18
Try Anderson's.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
Try Anderson's.
Haven't found any places that sell 'em online.
post #14 of 18
+1 on Anderson's I've seen a few on www.oipolloi.com, www.goodstead.co.uk and some other sites I don't remember but price is in the same region as Aspinal
post #15 of 18
I just keep finding them at Value Villages for $5 each. I have around 8 of them now. I saw a nice one at Club Monaco recently though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Good Source For Braided Belts?