or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage images, a blast from the past
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vintage images, a blast from the past - Page 23

post #331 of 452
Ronald Colman

post #332 of 452
This is a family photo I've always enjoyed. It's from the 1910s. The seated couple are my great-great grandparents. The boy on the bottom left in the Norfolk suit is my grandfather.

post #333 of 452

Album cover Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle

post #334 of 452

post #335 of 452
Thread Starter 
Nice posts!
post #336 of 452

Great PICs, thanks for sharing.

post #337 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx View Post

Ronald Colman

That is truly fantastic, Mr Foxx. Soft shoulder and lapels are molto bene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent View Post

This is a family photo I've always enjoyed. It's from the 1910s. The seated couple are my great-great grandparents. The boy on the bottom left in the Norfolk suit is my grandfather.

Very nice VG. I'm always surprise at how narrow and unpadded the old suit shoulders were.

Here's an advertising images from the 1910s.

post #338 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

med_Gary%20Numan-The%20Pleasure%20Principle.jpg

I love his 1979 one-hit wonder "Cars". smile.gif
post #339 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Gentleman, I present to you, Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

(source- http://www.maritimequest.com/side_wheel/great_eastern_1858/great_eastern_page_1.htm )
Long before TITANIC was conceived, Brunel, an engineer, designed (among other things) the largest ship of his time.
Here he is seen striking a pose against the drag chains of his 'Great ship' the Great Eastern.
If you have an hour to learn more, here is a very well made documentary on both Brunel and the Great Eastern.http://vimeo.com/26048326
Thanks. I really enjoyed it!
post #340 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

That is truly fantastic, Mr Foxx. Soft shoulder and lapels are molto bene.
smile.gif
post #341 of 452
post #342 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post


What the hell does he have on his feet?

Those are Murray's Space Shoes. According to first wife Neile, Steve had a lot of problems with his feet due to motorcycle racing accidents. Then Danny Kaye suggested these, and Steve wore them quite extensively.
post #343 of 452



One of the first photographs of the Quintet at La Place Pigalle, 1934.
Roger Chaput, Stéphane Grappelli, Louis Vola, Joseph & Django Reinhardt
post #344 of 452
I was just listening to him.
post #345 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoTheKillerPimp View Post

Those are Murray's Space Shoes. According to first wife Neile, Steve had a lot of problems with his feet due to motorcycle racing accidents. Then Danny Kaye suggested these, and Steve wore them quite extensively.

My dad, who was a dentist and stood for hours every day, wore those at work from the 50s.
When not working it was Johnston and Murphys and later, Church Custom Grade.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage images, a blast from the past