or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage images, a blast from the past
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vintage images, a blast from the past - Page 14

post #196 of 452
THATCHER-Mal-Langs_1932082a.jpg
Margaret Thatcher with former U.S President Ronald Reagan, carrying her her beloved black Asprey handbag Photo: Mal Langsdon/ Reuters
post #197 of 452
436
441
post #198 of 452
That's a nicely cut suit on Reagan... but those shoes. uhoh.gif
post #199 of 452
Ronald Regan was a stylish actor and ex-President like JFK. Regan worned windsor knots on neckties, spread collar shirts, stylish conservative suits. Turnbull & Asser, and Brooks Brothers shirts, etc.
post #200 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboysc View Post

Ronald Regan was a stylish actor and ex-President like JFK. Regan worned windsor knots on neckties, spread collar shirts, stylish conservative suits. Turnbull & Asser, and Brooks Brothers shirts, etc.

Wait, wut?
post #201 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

THATCHER-Mal-Langs_1932082a.jpg
Margaret Thatcher with former U.S President Ronald Reagan, carrying her her beloved black Asprey handbag Photo: Mal Langsdon/ Reuters

Is the color distorted? I never remember Reagan wearing a glen plaid that was so loud as to
look almost like a tartan.
post #202 of 452
I meant to say Regan was an actor before politics. JFK was never an actor. Sorry about being misunderstanding my last post.
post #203 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Is the color distorted? I never remember Reagan wearing a glen plaid that was so loud as to
look almost like a tartan.

I dug around a bit and it appears to be correct. Here's another shot from a different source. The year was 1982.

270

Here's another picture from 1981.

239
post #204 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post


I dug around a bit and it appears to be correct. Here's another shot from a different source. The year was 1982.
270
Here's another picture from 1981.
239



say what you will about old Ronnie, the guy knew what looked good on him.  I think he also purposely tried to match or complement Maggie's outfits, knowing it would make for more aesthetically pleasing photos.

 

He was a perfect 42(I've read) and preferred button flies on his trousers...old school.

 

post #205 of 452
...
post #206 of 452
455
post #207 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboysc View Post

I meant to say Regan was an actor before politics. JFK was never an actor. Sorry about being misunderstanding my last post.

You were right the first time. All presidents are actors.
post #208 of 452
who's that, Mr Foxx? great photo.

Even though I hate surrealism, these guys are looking pretty good:
1933.png

Tristan Tzara, Paul Éluard, André Breton, Hans Arp, Salvador Dalí, Yves Tanguy, Max Ernst, René Crevel & Man Ray, 1933
post #209 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

who's that, Mr Foxx? great photo.

Humphrey Bogart.
post #210 of 452
Dali looked great before he went overboard with the moustache.

That picture from Mr. Foxx is Bogart, no?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Vintage images, a blast from the past