or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Watch store for Rolex in NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watch store for Rolex in NYC

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 
will be in nyc for the summer and interested in milguass gv.

just google searched but there are so many stores...can anyone recommend reputable watch stores in manhattan?
post #2 of 31
Go to Rolex store
post #3 of 31
Lots of authorized Rolex dealers in NYC. I'd find a gently used one on the timezone.com sales corner for a lot less than MSRP. I prefer the Explorer over the MG, but that's just my opinion.
post #4 of 31
Take the train over to Jersey. The sales tax difference should be enormous.
post #5 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post
Go to Rolex store

I think the Rolex boutique is part of Tourneau with some marketing affiliation with Rolex. It wasn't yet opened the last time I walked by, but it may be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post
Take the train over to Jersey. The sales tax difference should be enormous.

Sales Tax shouldn't be a problem unless you live in NY or have some reason you don't want to ship (i.e import tax).
post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxler View Post


Sales Tax shouldn't be a problem unless you live in NY or have some reason you don't want to ship (i.e import tax).

Sales tax is the same for everyone in NYC regardless of where you reside. We're not talking VAT.
post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
Sales tax is the same for everyone in NYC regardless of where you reside. We're not talking VAT.
If the OP doesn't reside in NY, then he should consider having it shipped to his place of residence. Reduces cost tremendously.
post #8 of 31
Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.
post #9 of 31
check out wempe on fifth avenue. good service.
post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.
Because it's intelligent to pay $500 more than you have to right? A few good retailers in NYC, Tourneau gives bad vibes to some people though. Thing with Rolex is that you're not going to get a 'good' discount at ANY retailer, so not like you can shop around for it like with Breitling, Omega, etc. Just call ahead to make sure they have what you want in stock and go to those shops.
post #11 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.


No, it should. That's a financially irresponsible statement. There's a huge difference between spending money on a watch and parting with money that goes straight to the government for who-knows-what.

Tell that to hedge fund managers who manage billions and carefully structure every action they take to avoid tax (income, cap gains, etc.)
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyar1 View Post
No, it should. That's a financially irresponsible statement. There's a huge difference between spending money on a watch and parting with money that goes straight to the government for who-knows-what.

Tell that to hedge fund managers who manage billions and carefully structure every action they take to avoid tax (income, cap gains, etc.)

Lol exactly.
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
Err, if sales tax even crosses your mind, you shouldn't be spending $5000 on a watch.
So true. But the rich can be some of the stingiest persons out there. God forbid they should contribute to the infrastructure that allowed them to accumulate their wealth.
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by apolishedman View Post
check out wempe on fifth avenue. good service.
+1
post #15 of 31
While we're on the subject of timepieces in New York, anyone have recommendations for a place for cleaning of a mechanical movement? I have heard Central Watch at Grand Central Terminal mentioned before. Any others?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Watch store for Rolex in NYC