or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How to wear Red Suspenders?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to wear Red Suspenders?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the feedback!
post #2 of 28
As you surely must be aware that suspenders/braces are consider "underwear", and thus should NOT be seen by other people........

It doesn't matter what color/pattern your suspenders are. Wear them solely to hold up your pants and perhaps add a bit of individualism to your outfit. Don't match with anything.
post #3 of 28
it is totally acceptable to wear silk braces with non-black tie. Traditionally, Silk and boxcloth were traditional, but Silk is easy to wear out, so make sure to let them rest between wearings or you will age them prematurely.
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
!
post #5 of 28
What do the powers at be think of these?
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandjai View Post
What do the powers at be think of these?






two at least are models about their trade posing for a magazine/web so not representative of anything. The first one may well be from a film so not representative of anything either.
post #7 of 28
Clips are for farmer.
post #8 of 28
post #9 of 28
I wear red boxcloth Thurstons all the time. I agree with not showing them off, though. They hold my pants up approximately as well as any other color!
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
As you surely must be aware that suspenders/braces are consider "underwear", and thus should NOT be seen by other people........

That thought is about as right as thinking the proper pants to wear today is tights and a cod piece.
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandjai View Post
What do the powers at be think of these?


I love Chuck Bass' (Ed Westwick) outfit! Call me crazy
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinsonbass View Post
I love Chuck Bass' (Ed Westwick) outfit! Call me crazy
Ok, you are crazy. Its actually funny you say that because hes dressed almost the same as Gekko in your avatar.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits View Post
Ok, you are crazy. Its actually funny you say that because hes dressed almost the same as Gekko in your avatar.




haha true I didn't realize.. well to be honest I never wear suspenders but I like the idea of it ^^ and I think that the outfits are similar because the stylists of gossip girl were going for the old gordon gekko wall street look for chuck bass.. I just think that he can pull it off and it looks cool
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahjay1 View Post
How to wear Red Suspenders?

Oh, you've got lots of options.


post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenahan View Post
it is totally acceptable to wear silk braces with non-black tie. Traditionally, Silk and boxcloth were traditional, but Silk is easy to wear out, so make sure to let them rest between wearings or you will age them prematurely.

Good advice; I have worn several pairs of silk braces out this way. There is no reason not to wear them with a suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How to wear Red Suspenders?