or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?

post #1 of 108
Thread Starter 
If not, I hate your guts.

What's worse is that it's always the huge guys (i.e. the ones I'm not going to fuck with) who leave their 12 plates on the bar. Assholes.
post #2 of 108
the bar is all i can lift
post #3 of 108
Funny. We have a women triathlete in our gum, in her 40's, about 5 '2. She'll call those guys out, and they'll run back and unload the bar or machine. She's also great for messing with those guys that have to make with the loud grunts and screams to make sure everyone is watching. She just asks " if they need help delivering that baby, sounds like twins"
post #4 of 108
Thread Starter 
ha, sounds like she's more of a man than I am--I just say under my breath "omg I'm totally going to post about you on styleforum" and start unloading 45-lb plates...
post #5 of 108
It's a big peeve with me too, especially with dumbbells on the floor left behind by over entitled dumbass teens and college kids who don't know how to clean up after themselves.
post #6 of 108
people who don't re-rack are just plain selfish
post #7 of 108
Dumbbells, always. Plates 90% of the time; I sometimes leave it on the bar if there were plates when I got there, and I am only doing a few sets quick (usually cool-down sets or something like that).
post #8 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by resartus View Post
ha, sounds like she's more of a man than I am--I just say under my breath "omg I'm totally going to post about you on styleforum" and start unloading 45-lb plates...

You must not be very good at keeping your word if you have been a member since 2008 and have only managed to post once about these douches on SF three years later.
post #9 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post
It's a big peeve with me too, especially with dumbbells on the floor left behind by over entitled dumbass teens and college kids who don't know how to clean up after themselves.

I say tell them to re-rack, armed with the knowledge that your carefully planned exercise regime will leave you fitter, stronger and most importantly, still fitting your tailored jackets perfectly, while their bust-a-gut-look-at-me antics will merely result in a thick neck - presumably to support the thick head they're somewhat superfluously carrying.
post #10 of 108
Without fail. Gym etiquette is sorely lacking in many ways; this is one of them. Other offences include unnecessary grunting, dropping weights (habitually), chatting forever in front of a rack or bench when it's busy, working in with you and not putting the weight back to where YOU had it before they joined - the list could go on forever.
post #11 of 108
In my gym, it's usually the god damn "trainers" leaving their plates on the bar...
post #12 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post
In my gym, it's usually the god damn "trainers" leaving their plates on the bar...
Yea one trainer at my current gym is probably the worst offender. Next time I see him do it I'm gonna say something, I don't pay to clean up his fucking messes. I always clean my shit up. I don't care if it's a 2.5lb plate or 365lb to deadlift. I put it all back. I don't grunt or any of that horseshit either. I am kind of a dick though as I am not patient, so I ask people how many sets they have. I also rap or sing along w/whatever I am listening to 73% of the time, and I am pretty sure that freaks people out. :kanyeshrug: I re rack my shit though.
post #13 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post
Yea one trainer at my current gym is probably the worst offender. Next time I see him do it I'm gonna say something, I don't pay to clean up his fucking messes.

This.

Plus, I'm not paid to clean up after anyone. How hard is it to put shit back, AND put it back in its correct place? I hate, hate, hate running around trying to find the matching dumbbell or a curl bar on the other side of the gym floor where it doesn't belong.

Quote:
I always clean my shit up. I don't care if it's a 2.5lb plate or 365lb to deadlift. I put it all back. I don't grunt or any of that horseshit either. I am kind of a dick though as I am not patient, so I ask people how many sets they have. I also rap or sing along w/whatever I am listening to 73% of the time, and I am pretty sure that freaks people out. :kanyeshrug: I re rack my shit though.

I never got the grunting. You are not Bruce Lee fighting someone trying to psych them out. Once in a blue moon if I'm really pushing the final weight, I might making a 'grunting' noise, but unless you are right next to me, you won't hear me, unlike the other assholes that I have heard from the next floor up. That's right, they grunt that loudly.
post #14 of 108
always. i also find myself rearranging the weights to their proper weight stack since people never put it back correctly
post #15 of 108
I'd be glad to re-rack other people's weights if they'd just wipe off their fucking sweat. Disgusting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?