• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marwan Halal's Style Tips (WITH PICTURES!!)

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
What is the SF take on this dude's style?

http://www.thestyleblogger.com/busin...l-pearl-white/From styleblogger

Bonus Tip III: I try to have my lighter-weight pants hemmed a little shorter, as I find it more appropriate and comfortable for the warmer months. My trousers may seem short to some, but hey, they're my trousers, not yours."
Bonus Tip V: "This gingham cotton pocket square is "˜made' (folded) from the sleeve fabric of an old shirt that I cut into a short-sleeve. The shirt was too short in the sleeves anyway. Win/Win."
5751375267_f09ded07a3_o-681x1024.jpg

Bonus Tip II: Beltless. More in the warmer months. Thought I had enough horizontal lines already."
5751391753_85284d083c_o-680x1024.jpg

Bonus Tip III: "With a horizontally striped tie, I put the tie bar directly on one of the stripes. Again, I like my outfits to read clean, sharp and minimal."
5751393137_7ce70db34d_o-680x1024.jpg

Suit by Gap. Shirt by H&M. Navy belt by Hugo Boss Selection. Driving shoes by Tod's. Subtle paisley pocket square is cut from one of my mother's old table cloths.
IMGP3452-662x1024.jpg

CaymanS

Reaction score
This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance. Even Lufty's deft sack-suit legal maneuvering can't save this criminal.

Btw, this whole post can be distilled to one sentence: "Buy a lot of low-quality, tight-fitting, shortly-tailored **** from H&M and you'll look totes awesome."

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty good. I'm starting to get annoyed by my nut crushers. They're not very comfortable!

First pic, pants too high, too short, needs tapering... Moose knuckles

Second pic, meh. shirt is really ugly and tie clip looks odd.

Last pic, okay I guess. The look is getting to annoy me though... narrow lapels and really slim fit.

The pics are much better with the lady there.

+1 for obviously cheap clothing

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the guy. He looks to be in great shape (no ****), but isn't there something very wrong with our society when his outfits in all three pics actually appear to be tighter than hers? Her pants in the last pic actually look looser than his. There is something fundamentally wrong with this.

All joking aside, aside from the tight fit, which does seem to work for him, and the blue driving mocs in the last pic, the outfits don't look so bad.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm tired of these guys who think dressing well = sizing down

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance.

I edited my comments before posting, but when I looked at the first pic I swear my first reaction was "Is that an example of male camel toe?"

DrStrangelove

Reaction score
“I like to wear a tie on Mondays, it helps me get into work mode after a nice Spring weekend” Bonus Tip: “The secret here is that this is a short sleeve shirt[...]"
That's where I stopped reading.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CaymanS

Reaction score
In the first 2 pics, the girl bears a minor resemblance to Emmanuelle BÃ
00a9.png
art.

sobecane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
This man is guilty of testicular homicide. Exhibit A: the khakis in the first pic. His family jewels, or what's left of them, don't stand a chance. Even Lufty's deft sack-suit legal maneuvering can't save this criminal.

Btw, this whole post can be distilled to one sentence: "Buy a lot of low-quality, tight-fitting, shortly-tailored **** from H&M and you'll look totes awesome."

Are you the same guy hating on the styleblogger from the Esquire post? I don't really like his style either but I guess it serves its purpose to help younger dressers or those with less disposable income have a segway into dressing better. Why all the hate?

sellahi22

Reaction score
the color/pattern coordination in the outfits is decent. the trouser fit and the shoes are terrible and destroy the looks.
Originally Posted by alliswell
He's straddling the gap between WAYWT and www.whatisjameswearing.com. And yes, that gap is as narrow as his ties.
James is 1000x better dressed than Dan Trepanier. Trepanier's style is uber-tacky, the 2011 version of the kenneth cole square toe or blazer + untucked shirt look.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
James is 1000x better dressed than Dan Trepanier.

James makes Dan Trepanier look like Manton for ****'s sake.

6hryejd

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sobecane
Are you the same guy hating on the styleblogger from the Esquire post?

bigstar[1].gif

I don't really like his style either but I guess it serves its purpose to help younger dressers or those with less disposable income have a segway into dressing better. Why all the hate?

People with limited income should buy nice, machine-made (but well-made) stuff that they can get a lot of solid use out of, instead of buying a lot of crappy pieces. Nobody needs a navy belt from Hugo Boss.

H&M blazer above: $80-ish. Dry clean it 4 or 5 times and watch it bubble up like a soda can.

Zegna blazer at Off Fifth: $199. Wear it proudly until you're old, then give it to your son.

Why all the hate?

Not hating. Just think these BDRM All-Stars are a hilarious lot. If you can't have fun at others' expense on the Forvm, then where?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics